Teacher of PhysicsUp to KS5Full time Starting Trinity Term 2021 (Summer Term)Maternity Cover (1year contract)To carry out the following duties in light of the School's status as a Roman Catholic School and of its aims as defined in the Mission Statement and any other documents issued and approved by the Governors.The Role
Closing Date: Friday 5th February 2021
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for pupils and to support a designated department/s as appropriate
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of pupils as a teacher/form tutor
- To contribute to raising standards of pupil attainment
- To share and support the School's ethos. Liaising with Headmaster, SLT, Parents Working Time 195 days per year: Full Time Salary/Grade Dependent on experience Disclosure Level Enhanced Operational/Strategic Planning
- To assist in the development of appropriate syllabi, resources, schemes of work, marking policies and teaching strategies within the department/s
- To contribute to the Department's Development plan and its implementation.
- To plan and prepare courses and lessons as assigned
- To contribute to Departmental activities e.g. fieldtrips etc as required
- To assist in the process of curriculum development and change so as to ensure the continued relevance to the needs of the pupils and the School. Staffing Staff Development Recruitment/ Deployment of staff
- To take part in the School's Staff Development programme by participating in arrangements for further training and professional development
- To continue personal development in the relevant areas including subject knowledge and teaching methods
To apply please download the application form below and submit the completed form via the button below.
The Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
As we often have many applicants for jobs at the School, we regret that we will only be able to contact those applicants who are short-listed for interview. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, then please assume you have not been short-listed for interview on this particular occasion.
Short-listed candidates will be called for interview upon receipt of application and we may therefore appoint before the published closing date. We advise you to submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
All applicants will be contacted by email to the address supplied in your application. Applicants are advised to check their email accounts regularly and to ensure that email filters are set to allow our emails.