VAC 321 Mechanical Design / After Sales Engineer Based Sheffield. £35,000 - £45,000 dependent on experience 26 days holiday, 5% employer pension, Westfield health Care
LWS Services are proud to be the chosen recruitment partner for a worldwide OEM within the steel making and metal recycling industries. Further expansion has created an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer to join their aftersales team in product redesign, reverse engineering, and detailing.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the industries major players who are literally going through an explosion in business growth thus offering genuine career progression and development opportunities.Role & Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience: (desirable and/or essential)
- Accountable for the completion of 3D modelling, detail design, technical calculations, and product development utilizing the Company's internal software and tools.
- Responsible for assigned portion of product redesign and reverse engineering process, ensuring project schedules are maintained whilst following internal Company standards.
- Monitor progress, identify any areas of concern, escalate & manage customer expectations.
- Co-ordinate inputs to ensure a winning strategy is clearly communicated and documented.
- Capture information/ update historic databases.
- Highly organised with the ability to deliver technical documents within agreed SLA's
- Ensure technical documents and relevant project related information is recorded and filed correctly on the server.
- Support the Aftersales team through drawing/document creation and on-site reverse engineering of products.
- Liaise with representatives of suppliers during technical evaluations of project solutions.
- Manage expectations, clarify requirements and make requests, including submission deadline changes, as required.
- Prepare data analysis for the Aftersales team ahead of project commencement dates.
- Support international colleagues during technical and commercial negotiations.
- This role brings with it the opportunity to grow within the business, some travel domestic and international may also be required.
- HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
- 3+ years of experience in 2D and 3D CAD required (Autodesk Inventor and Vault experience a plus).
- Excellent communication and team working skills both oral and written; with proven clear and effective communication skills in both formal and informal business environments.
- Experience of working in a technical department of a OEM
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to look at the finer details.
- Experience undertaking structured writing in the form of technical reports.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft programmes; Word formatting and overall documentation presentation skills.
- Working experience within technical structures for products related to Scrap Metal/ Recycling Industry desirable.
- Be available for regular business travel.
- Evidence of project management experience or understanding is beneficial.
- Ability to plan the delivery of assignments within agreed SLA's both internal and external.
- Basic product/plant understanding and know-how (what pieces go where and how to find reference information).
- Ability to make on-site measurements using manual measuring methods of site layout and /or OEM 3
- 021.equipment in situ for reverse engineering.
- A good understanding of AutoCAD and the ability to create a scaled 3D model from customer documentation.
If you are looking to join a fantastic organisation that is one of the leaders in their field, then we need to speak to you today. Please call Sarah on the listed number or ideally email with a copy of your current CV.