My client, a leading financial services business, are looking to recruit a Financial Accountant to join their stunning offices in Liverpool City Centre.
Reporting into the Deputy Financial Controller and working closely with wider finance team, the Financial Accountant will assist with the preparation of the statutory accounts, annual report, month end accounting and will also help support on new investments.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to make a first move from practice, in a friendly and sociable team, with plenty of support and fantastic benefits.
Key responsibilities include:
- Production of financial statements from trial balance
- Preparation of final trial balance and preparation of low risk SPV statutory accounts
- Prepare management accounts on a timely basis
- Execute defined controls, policies and procedures and monitor and address compliance issues on a timely basis
- Performing appropriate calculations and providing accounting information to support SPV distributions.
- Review of SPV statutory accounts prepared by third parties to ensure accuracy and consistency of information provided.
- Prepare bonus forecast and posting of accruals.
- Prepare delegated balance sheet reconciliation.
- Provide detailed plan for external audit schedule
- Key point of contact for SPV queries and information requests
- Maintain a technical knowledge of applicable accounting standards and legislative requirements relating to investment management and entity accounting
The ideal candidate will be:
- Qualified accountant (ACA preferred)
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge and application experience in production of statutory accounts
- Self motivated, outgoing and eager to learn
- Knowledge and experience of financial systems, accounting processes and controls
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please do get in touch over the festive break!