Senior Software Engineer - C#, WPF, High Wycombe, Remote Available, £55k plus benefits:
A leading high-tech manufacturer who specialises in designing and developing products used in science research, is looking to recruit a talented Senior Software Engineer with a core skill set in C# & WPF. This is an amazing time for a C# Senior Software Engineer to join a newly created, centre of excellence, as this will give you the opportunity to work on exciting greenfield projects, as well as existing products, across this impressive organisations range of products, which will touch all of their UK locations and business units.
The successful Senior Software Engineer will be required to work only two days in the office with the option of working from home for the other three days. You may want to work all five days in the office and it's good to highlight that this business is completely flexible on start and finish times. Key Responsibilities
- Working within an Agile team to develop high quality functionality to agreed specifications and timescales
- Using our internally defined software design methodologies and tools to develop robust software components and systems
- Be an active member of the software team, participating in software design reviews and in discussions and trials of new tools and techniques
- As necessary, provide ongoing support for new and existing products.
- Provide and update appropriate documentation that facilitates others to further develop or maintain the software and systems that you produce and enables your internal customers to do their work (SQA, Help and Localisation specialists, Applications Scientists, Product Managers and Customer Support staff).
- Take responsibility for co-ordination of technical solutions within specific software development projects.
- Software Engineering / Scientific Degree
- Ideally - Physics/Materials Science degree OR Computing Degree with a Physics background
- Experience in PC based software developments using C# and Visual Studio, a source code control system, a bug or issue tracking system, and debuggers
- Experience of delivering code as part of a product development team using an Agile development process
- Experience with WPF or WCF and user interface development
- Able to design, create and test reliable code in a multi-threaded environment
- Ideally - Experience of developing complex software applications for high tech instrumentation
- Ideally - Experience working with customers creating bespoke solutions
- Ideally - Experience using Microsoft DevOps or TFS
This company offers amazing benefits, a competitive starting salary, structured career development opportunities, and a good work-life balance, our client offers 25 days annual leave, half-days on Fridays, private healthcare, a share incentive plan, a defined contribution Personal Pension Plan, and a flexible benefits package that you can tailor to your own requirements.
If you're a Senior Software Engineer with C# and WPF or WCF based skills, who is passionate about working for a business which is trying to solve real life scientific issues, then please send MARS Recruitment a copy of your CV.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).