Even though we are in lockdown and schools are partially closed, a lot of schools still need our support and with online learning as well as pupils in the classroom, some schools are busier than ever.
Contract Type: Full Time/Part-Time
Contract Term: Temporary
Start Date: ASAP
I am recruiting Teaching assistants to support teachers and help children with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom. As a Teaching Assistant you will support pupils with particular individual needs, some teaching assistants work one-to-one, while others work in small groups. Many schools employ teaching assistants with particular specialisms, including literacy, numeracy, special educational needs (SEN), music and creative arts. If you are bilingual, you might do more work with children whose first language is not English.
If you are interested in registering you must possess one of the qualifications listed below:
• Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools
• Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
• Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
• Level 3 Certificate Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
• Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
Skills and experience you'll need
• An ability to build good working relationships with both pupils and adults
• Good organisational skills
• Flexibility and creativity
• Enjoy working with children
• Good literacy and numeracy skills
• Ability to manage groups of pupils and deal with challenging behaviour
• Patience and a sense of humour
• In some jobs it could be useful if you have IT skills or are fluent in local community languages
Waltham Forest benefits from having high performing primary schools right across the borough, with dedicated teaching and support staff working exceptionally hard for all their children. The Schools are continually improving and innovating to meet the needs of their young people. One of London's biggest boroughs which is based in East London Protocol Education works with a number of the schools in the borough. Waltham Forest is a great location, conveniently located in North East London 30 minutes from Central London and the West End with great shopping, leisure and cultural hot spots, and in close proximity to the Olympic Village! The schools are interesting and varied, serving a diverse community.
We can offer:
- Fast and efficient registration
- Work when and where you want it
- Daily, long-term or permanent work
- Access to great CPD
- Great rates of pay
If you have the required qualifications and the necessary skills then please apply now. We can provide you with flexible working options OR call one of our branches and speak to a consultant to discuss what we offer and how we can help.
Protocol Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to the promotion of diversity and equal opportunity, as an employer and in the delivery of our services