Mechanical Fitter, Portsmouth & Southampton locations, £11 per hour to £15 per hour
Washbrook Consultants have been appointed to resource for experienced Mechanical Fitters for an engineering company serving the southern region. Workshop facilities are based at either the clients Southampton or Portsmouth locations.
Our clients background.....
Our client is a well established electrical and mechanical engineering services business serving the south of England. With a wide customer base they typically repair, overhaul and install pumps, motors and gearboxes.
Overall Purpose of the job:...
Install, fit, test, assemble, commission, maintain and repair mechanical systems and equipment. Carry out work to the satisfaction of the customer and the management team.
* Analyse job cards to determine job status, work authorizations/limitations, estimate, description of problems and / or expected serviceability.
* Test mechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems.
* Disassemble mechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration and condition.
* Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical assemblies.
* Requisition of replacement parts.
* Verify repairs using start-up testing procedures.
* Retest reassembled electro-mechanical equipment for proper output and operation.
* Operate specialized equipment.
* Work on Customer sites as well as in the Workshop. Driving licence holders would be preferred.
* Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
* Keep work area neat and tidy.
* Experience of customer site work preferably in the water Utility industry but more importantly good mechanical skills.
* Well organised with the ability to multi task.
* A positive 'Can do' attitude with a flexible approach to work.
Salary: £10.00 to £15.00 per hour
This role is commutable from Portsmouth, Chichester, Petersfield, Emsworth, Havant, Waterlooville, Gosport, Southampton, Eastleigh, Winchester, Ringwood, Christchurch