Retail Merchant Services (RMS) is a UK based payments services organisation. We have been in business for over ten years and currently employ over 250 colleagues.
We are on a mission to make our customers lives easier, giving these businesses the products, tools, and services that make it easier for them to be in control, and ultimately, to succeed. Whatever success means for them. We do this by offering payment services to ensure businesses always make the sale. We also partner with ISVs (Independent Software Vendors) to provide additional services and products that help businesses unlock vital cash flow, drive additional revenue streams and bring them technologies that support their business ambitions.About the Role
This position will report to the Head of PMO and will be responsible for supporting the Head of PMO to support projects through to completion, maintain, manage and communicate the PMO functions within the business.
This role will be key in providing guidance on project execution, responsible for the flow of information, supporting in completion of project documentation and PMO reporting documentation.
The candidate will be involved in many different aspects of driving implementation, reporting, governance, identifying problems, as well as assessing business wide risk and make appropriate decisions / recommendations. There is an expectation is that this role works autonomously.How will you contribute:
The ideal skills for this role include:
- Create and maintain a detailed project plan
- Identify and manage risks, issues and dependencies across the project
- Proactively monitor progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action
- Executing on the PMO-defined governance framework including facilitation of key Project forums e.g. Executive Steering Committees
- Ensure effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the project
- Manage project budgets alongside finance partners, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the project progresses
- Manage communications with a range of stakeholders including at an executive level
- Report the progress of the project at regular intervals through status reporting
The individual will also embody the company's key behaviours:
- Significant experience of successfully managing and delivering complex business facing projects
- Expertise and experience running Agile and Jira projects
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- Excellent knowledge and application of project management methodology and techniques
- Exceptional, time management, facilitation, and organisational skills
- Good knowledge of budgeting
- Able to assess complex challenges, apply a logical framework and present a compelling case for change
- A highly collaborative work style and the ability to work in a team environment
- Able to manage competing priorities
- Adaptable and comfortable working in areas of significant ambiguity
- Experience of being able to challenge and influence decisions
- Pragmatic and flexible, with a willingness to take on different roles and responsibilities in order to successfully deliver a project
- Customer obsessed - all decisions being made through the lens of what makes things easiest for RMS's customers.
- Pace - once you decide and commit, you execute and deliver quickly.
- Heads Up - you operate as part of the wider business team, avoid silos and have an appreciation of how the market is moving.
- Restless for Improvement - RMS does not accept mediocrity or rest on their laurels, they operate assuming positive intent and don't tolerate average