Working for a fast growing, internationally focused SME, based in Northumberland the Management Accountant role will suit a newly qualified accountant looking to further develop their career within an industry setting. As a key support for the Financial Controller, there is a need for enthusiasm, energy and a "can do" attitude in the role, which will be one of fast learning and progression.Financial Transactional Process
Management accounts preparation
- Manage the transactional processing for the business including sales ledger, credit control, purchase ledger, nominal ledger and treasury.
- Support and coach the junior finance team members, enabling them to complete all transactional processing independently.
- On an ongoing basis monitor and suggest adjustments (where appropriate) to the internal controls and business processes operated in the business.
Business Analytics and short-term forecasting
- Take the lead in ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Run the monthly project review process and prepare month end revenue and WIP journals.
- Review all month end journals posted by junior finance team members.
- Review month balance sheet reconciliations with the Financial Controller
- Take the lead in the preparation of the weekly cash flow and deals forecast.
- Review data held within the CRM and ERP systems and provide appropriate and timely analysis to the Financial Controller.
- Utilise business analytical tools (e.g. Excel and Power BI) to analyse and describe sales performance to support non-financial managers within Arcinova
- Be responsible for the preparation of fixed asset investment appraisals.
- Prepare monthly capital review documents for review by financial and non-financial managers internally.
- Support non-financial managers internally to prepare annual and quarterly fixed asset budgets.
- Complete reviews of capital project post completion to assess spend and timing versus the capital request forms.
Other key duties
- As a fast-growing SME cash is critical to the success of the company. The Management Accountant is a primary resource in the management of the cash balance of the business.
- Review trade debtors and manage the collection of customer debts.
- Complete supplier payment runs with reference to the cash flow forecast of the business.
- Review/complete monthly VAT returns.
- Complete monthly reporting requirements of the Invoice Discounting provider.
- Complete ad hoc tasks as directed by the Financial Controller.
- Provide financial knowledge and support to all finance and non-finance staff as required.
- Ensure work is conducted in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements, internal policies/procedures and client requirements where appropriate.
- Work with due regard to health & safety of self & others.
- A willingness to be flexible, juggling a wide range of duties. Good interpersonal skills, in depth knowledge of Microsoft office software, good written and verbal communication skills. Flexible approach to new work challenges.
- A driven accountant, with the highest integrity, who has the ability to identify and solve problems. Comfortable working independently without close supervision and with the initiative and interpersonal skills to be an effective and versatile team member. Ability to articulate a customer-focused attitude, using strong presentational skills and developing interpersonal rapport.
- Strong IT literacy, with a genuine understanding of Excel. Precise nature, with a thorough and calculated approach.
- Natural adaptability, embracing development and a desire to change for the better.
- Ability to manage and complete a multitude of tasks, consistently to a deadline.
- Experience of effectively managing and motivating a small team of finance staff.
- Knowledge of Sage Accounts an advantage.
- Excellent Excel modelling skills.
- Fully qualified accountant (e.g. CIMA/ACCA/ACA).