Our client is looking to recruit a Senior Investment Manager within their Sheffield office. The Senior Manager will lead on fund investments from origination thorough to deal execution and will manage a portfolio of fund investments. The successful candidate will have a good commercial understanding of small businesses operations and finances in order to provide leadership on the following activities:
- Financial and Investment Analysis
- Due Diligence
- Negotiation of legal agreements
- Financial Modelling
- Portfolio monitoring and reportingMain duties
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Critically appraising proposals, including in-depth analysis of track records, team dynamics, investment strategy, terms and other aspects, in order to deliver high-quality investment reports.
- Leading investment proposals for new fund investments through the internal investment processes, supervising team members and reporting to the Director.
- Working with internal teams and specialist legal advisors to scrutinise and negotiate investment legal documentation to ensure consistency with the commercial terms agreed.
- Managing a portfolio of fund investments, including attending advisory board meetings.
- Dealing with matters arising with fund investments, analysing issues, developing action plans, communicating with interested parties and resolving disputes.
- Preparing reports and analysis of investment and fund activities, and dealing with specific queries from within the team or from stakeholders.
- Working on the range of fund management and equity investment activities such as supporting with co-investment transactions in portfolio funds.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience of working in a fund management, investment banking, corporate finance or commercial lending environment.
- Knowledge or experience of venture capital funding and due diligence.
- Understanding of financial accounts and reporting.
- Significant operational knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Experience of building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders and customers and of developing external networks to mutual advantage.
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly as part of a team to achieve measurable results.
- Experience of operating within or advising SMEs in a financial capacity.
- Experience of operating at a senior organisational level.
- A numerate graduate with a good degree in an analytical discipline (e.g. Economics, Accounting, Law, Engineering or Science).
- OR operational experience which demonstrates leadership, numeracy and analytical capability.
- A professional accounting qualification or investment management certificate is desirable.