Management Accountant £33,000 - £37,000 per annum Your new company
Our client is a large organisation with multiple sites across the UK, founded in 1821 with approx 24000 employees across the group. Its Head Office is inn Basingstoke with its Northern hub based in Bolton.Your new role
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to Environmental Health and Safety, ethics and codes of conduct
- Monitoring and management of the monthly Gross Revenue and Inventory Governance
- Production of accounting budgets; collating data from operations, supply chain and supporting the capacity planning aspects.
- Monitor job costs and reporting variations to assist in reduction of such costs
- Assist Finance BP with the preparation of monthly management accounts, half yearly and annual returns to Group.
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly management reports, presentations and commentaries.
- Continuously challenge and improve the accuracy, range and presentation of financial and management information to provide high quality analytical support to the business and to highlight key risks to the Finance Manager.
- Liaising with the Supply Chain team to assist in the accurate forecasting and reporting of sales and order bank.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliation. Explanation of variances
- Internal control on financial policies and procedures
- Review and maintenance of the standard costing regime
- Assist Finance BP with the preparation of budgets and forecasts for profit and loss, inventory and other supplementary information.
- Support monthly inventory valuation process
- Foreign Exchange hedging; ensuring compliance with IFRS Regulations
- Ad-hoc accounting exercises
- Manage the cost centres and review with Departmental heads
- Asset under construction management
- Responsible for management and control of Capex on site
- Governance around headcount and payroll
The above list is not exhaustive. You will be required to undertake other duties within your capabilities, consistent with this role, to support the needs of the business.What you'll need to succeed
- CIMA, ACCA, or equivalent or part-qualified working towards professional accountancy qualification
- Educated to degree standard or similar
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Excellent numeracy/analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess high level drive and determination to deliver to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
What you'll get in return
- Previous level in operational or commercially focused business
- Divisional or Group reporting in a larger company
- Manufacturing accounting knowledge
- High level of attention to detail
- Proactively driving improvements in standards and processes
What you need to do now
- Salary band: £33k - £37k (dependent on experience/qualification)
- 10% Annual Bonus Scheme
- Hours of work: Mon-Thurs 9.00am to 5.00pm (45 mins unpaid lunch) Friday 08.30am to 4.00pm (30 min unpaid lunch)
- Holidays: 26 days plus 8 bank holidays
- Private Healthcare: AXA PPP Single cover (subsidised for partner/family)
- Annual Sharesave Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.