Senior Energy Engineer - To £55K
As a recognised global leader in Energy Performance Contracting; this Energy and Sustainability Consultancy is experiencing record growth in 2021.
The role has been created due to a recent internal promotion and as they have a full order book for the next 12 months.
As a key member of their Energy Team you'll get involved in large-scale guaranteed energy and carbon reduction projects and energy infrastructure upgrades.
You'll develop investment grade proposals (IGP) outlining;
- What energy conservation measures will be installed and when they will be installed
- What the guaranteed energy savings will be, including how many tonnes of CO2 to be saved each year
- What the capital costs are and what the maximum payback period
- A measurement and verification (M&V) plan post completion.
As a turn-key provider of energy and carbon reduction strategies they have everything inhouse so you'll see projects from the initial investment grade audit, through design, construction and finally to measurement and verification.
- Carry out detailed energy audits, carbon reduction studies.
- Produce feasibility studies and present a range of short-term and medium-term options.
- Provide clients with a detailed report on energy and operational savings calculations.
- Present clients with financial and energy modelling and economic analysis for different scenarios.
- Lead projects from concept stage to construction, this will include managing internal and external engineering consultants and specialist contractors.
- Manage projects and assist with resource planning.
- Plan, schedule, organise and control all costs of engineering, consulting and subcontracting on the projects you lead.
- Identify and roll out best practices for energy planning and energy policy.
- Degree qualified and ideally Chartered (CEng).
- Ideally a Member of the Energy Institute.
- At least six years' experience in a similar role, i.e., Energy Engineer undertaking energy auditing, energy modelling and report writing.
- Good overall awareness of Energy & carbon management within large scale existing buildings such as universities, hospitals or data centres.
- Good awareness of Building services such as HVAC, central plant, onsite energy generation, renewables, infrastructure (such as district heating) or BMS.
- Awareness of IPMVP and Embodied Carbon.