We are looking to recruit an ambitious Personal Tax Senior to join our client's expanding Tax team in Leeds.
Working with high net worth individuals, private clients, business owners and directors, this role will enable you to reach your potential within a leading firm in the accountancy and advisory sectors.
You will need to be passionate about delivering an excellent service to your clients and will enjoy coaching and developing more junior team members into becoming competent tax professionals.
This role can offer a clear progression path and will give you the opportunity to develop your tax knowledge further through the completion of interesting and diverse pieces of work.
The successful candidate will become part of a forward thinking and ambitious business that offers a refreshingly different culture to other accountancy practices. The firm will offer you an excellent work/life balance as well as the opportunity to continually develop your career.The Role
Responsible for providing a comprehensive tax compliance service to a broad portfolio of clients, this role will allow you to build advisory experience whilst utilising the strong tax compliance experience you will have already gained.Day to day responsibilities will include:
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- Personal Tax compliance completion and reviews for a range of individuals, partnerships and trusts and estates
- Remuneration planning for company directors and shareholders including advising on benefits in kind
- Capital tax planning
- Property tax and R&D projects
- Inheritance tax reviews and reports
- Supporting Partners and Managers on delivery of tax advisory assignments and planning projects
- Wealth Management advice
- The ATT qualification (or equivalent). Being CTA qualified or part qualified, or looking to study towards the CTA qualification would be advantageous
- Tax compliance experience gained from within a mixed tax and/or personal tax environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at various levels
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure
For more information and a confidential chat regarding this vacancy, please contact us today.
If you're looking for a Tax Senior role in Leeds but felt this position wasn't the right fit, Charleston Recruitment is still able to assist you with your search.
Many accountants seeking new opportunities are unaware that although job titles can differ between practices, often the job specifications are similar. For example, if you see that we are advertising for a Semi Senior position in Leeds we may also be recruiting for a Senior Accountant in Leeds as well.
As a tip for your next search, we have seen an increase in the need for Tax Seniors in Leeds. If you possess this skillset, make sure you highlight it in your application. Our partner companies view it as a demonstration of strong technical knowledge.
Charleston Recruitment specialise in placing accountancy professionals in new positions. We can help you find the ideal Public Practice role that advances your career and keeps you on a trajectory towards meeting your professional goals.
If you have experience in Public Practice and would like to discover fresh career opportunities, please get in touch with us today.