Claims Assessor Hours:
Permanent, Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm (36.5 hours per week)Salary:
Halifax West Yorkshire, with great public transport links.
Are you a real animal lover? Perhaps you have worked in a veterinary environment or perhaps have an animal based degree? As a Pet Claims Assessor you will bring your existing experience to a professional setting, where you'll have the chance to take your passion and turn it into a career. Our client genuinely wants their employees to love their job and this is reflected in their approach to flexible working.
If you are available, have a huge passion for animals and want a company that will support and develop you, apply today! Responsibilities:
- Assessing new and continuation claims, by reviewing all claim documentation supplied by a policyholder and relevant third parties.
- Collecting accurate information and necessary documents to proceed with a claim.
- Guiding policyholders on how to proceed with the claim and keeping them informed at all times, both verbally and in writing.
- Ensuring prompt and accurate payment of valid claims.
- Assisting policyholders with general queries and insurance issues.
- Writing clear and accurate non-standard letters, where circumstances require it.
- Identifying potentially fraudulent claims and following agreed process for referral.
- Complete other activity over and above those listed in the role profile, appropriate to your skills and experience.
We would love to hear from you, even if you don't tick all the boxes below!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- High attention to detail, organised and methodical
- Computer literate
- Strong customer service and problem resolution skills
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with internal and external parties.
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Respect for customer and business confidentiality
- Strong service delivery ethic
- High standard of personal motivation and initiative
- Degree in Animal Care or any other animal related course
- Experience of working within a Veterinary Surgery OR; At least one year's experience of handling Pet Insurance claims
- Competitive annual salary with bonus scheme
- Performance based annual salary review
- Role can support home-working, but there will also be a requirement to come into the office
- Professional qualifications available, such as FIT/CII
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 7.5% minimum employer pension contribution to maximum of 9% (employee required to contribute minimum 1.5%)
- 1 x eye care voucher per year and 1x flu vaccination per year
- Access to discounted retail vouchers and gym memberships
We welcome applications from experienced Claims Assessors, Claims Assistants, Claims Handler, Claims Manager, Zoologist, Animal care, Qualified Vet Nurse, Veterinarian Nurse, Veterinarian, Animal Care, Animal Welfare Assistant who live in and around Halifax, Sowerby Bridge, Bradford, Keighley, Huddersfield, Manchester
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer