This is a great opportunity to join an award business whose products are made with passion and precision at their state-of-the art facilities in Nottinghamshire.
Investment in the latest equipment and technology is vital, and they have recently installed an industry-leading Class 100,000 clean room that has further enhanced product quality. Alongside world-class facilities they employ world-class processes. Their lean manufacturing program ensures minimal waste and highly efficient production without compromising quality or safety.
Ultimately, people's lives depend on the performance of the products and so rigorous testing is an intrinsic part of their culture.
Due to expansion an experienced Manufacturing/NPI Engineer is now required to join this amazing team. You will be expected to work closely and actively with key equipment suppliers, building relationships and promoting a 'zero defect' preventative culture in the transition of designs to manufacturing.
Duties will include:
- Ownership of design transfer stage of product development projects.
- Manage multiple projects with responsibility for meeting all parameters including cost, schedule and performance.
- Hands on engineering approach to resolving problems and challenges with the projects.
- Ensure technical accuracy and soundness of intended solutions using appropriate engineering analysis calculations, simulation and analysis of tests.
- Generation of appropriate technical and manufacturing documentation to support program and business goals. For example, PFMEA, FAI, process validation, test reports, and risk assessments.
- Actively work with product development and manufacturing to improve the product design and processes for existing devices to improve business performance.
- Apply lean manufacturing, DFM and DFMA principles into projects.
- Represent the company in a professional, safe and efficient manner at all times; ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with the company's policies and procedures
We are looking for a strong influencer in the product development team that raises standards of manufacturability and results in zero problems coming from the processes implemented during new product introduction.
If you are educated to HND level or higher within Manufacturing/NPI Engineering or equivalent and have at least 5 years' experience within a manufacturing/mechanical engineering background, then we'd love to hear from you now!