Project Engineer (Dual Site) Location:
£45,000 - £50,000 + Bonus, Company Car & Package
New Chapter are currently supporting a much-loved global brand in the search for a Project Engineer. Reporting directly into the head of Projects you will be shaping the future of this business by managing the full project lifecycle from conception to completion with excellent stakeholder management. You will have experience of managing multiple parties and coming in line with budget requirements.
*** We are only accepting applications from candidates who have an Engineering Degree in Mechanial Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Process Engineering as per our clients request ***
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual looking for true variance within their next opportunity; dealing with changing environments, engagement of new people, new ideas and continual learning.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of projects on time to the required quality to the designed specification as agreed and signed off by project specialists and stakeholders.
- Understand the unique challenges of project management within a live FMCG environment and deliver best in class solutions.
- Play an active part in continuously improving our systems and business and support improvement activities/events within all areas.
- Have awareness of Total Cost of Ownership to deliver the appropriate fit for purpose solution.
- Ensure project budgets are closely controlled ensuring forecast spend is apparent at all times from concept to closure.
- Coaching and mentoring of site leadership teams with overall end to end management of minor capital projects.
- Continually monitor progress to ensure meeting of specific deadlines.
- Responsible for all stages of projects from development through to delivery. including, URS creation, tendering and supplier selection, resource, time and cost management, Control of contractors with CDM, Contract management, FAT, SAT and formal handback and project closure.
- Support project development through Engineering capability as part of full Lifecyle project delivery in the capability function.
- Ensure projects are delivered to a high quality of engineering and technical standard and drive world class specification and standard use throughout the capability team
- Flawless management of changes to the scope and schedule of the project.
- Lead project update meetings, and document project status and issues.
- Appraise senior managers and of project status, issues and concerns.
- Actively pursue issue resolution and communicate project status/issues to business stakeholders and operational management.
- Possess a robust knowledge of most technical and business resources and use them to effectively deliver key projects.
- Provide the necessary supporting documentation for the business to evaluate, prioritise and determine the cost effectiveness of initiatives.
Key skills & experience:
- Proven experience in managing Engineering Projects
- Project Management background/qualification
- Microsoft project
- Effective communication (oral / written) skills.
- Ability to operate across all levels within the business
This is a great role in which to become part of a global business, it opens so many doors to future career progression and as such if you're looking to make a move it should be with a view of developing a career with your next company. This role offers an attractive basic with up to 15% bonus potential the use of a company car with fuel card and private healthcare.