We are currently seeking a Project Controls Manager to support a major project on-site at Sellafield in Cumbria.
* Can you demonstrate a proven track record in successfully leading a schedule driven Project Controls team within the construction and engineering industry?
* Can you communicate to multiple stakeholders at project, client and JV executive levels?
* Can you demonstrate substantial experience of working within the nuclear industry or similar highly regulated sectors?
* Do you have experience of complex projects with multiple contract tiers aligned to NEC3?
* Do you have experience of full EVM deployment across multi-million pound contracts?
If you have answered yes to these questions, then please get in touch, as this could be a great opportunity for you.
The Project Controls Manager will report to the PM and will be accountable for creation and maintenance of the processes and systems required for effective planning, scheduling and control of the programme and project. The role includes leadership of the project controls team, including direct reports for planning, cost control, estimating and risk / opportunity management, (Change Control). You will support the PM to develop project scope, work breakdown structure, control account structure and associated techniques (i.e. - rules of credit, forecast trends) to appropriately monitor, control and report on delivery of the project to schedule, time and cost.
Key responsibilities include:
* Establishing and maintaining the project controls governance arrangements at functional level to support delivery of the of project.
* Clearly define the project controls discipline lead roles and responsibilities aligned to project controls and wider project organisation structure.
* Leadership of the Project Controls team
* Define the controls structures such as work breakdown, control account, resource library
* Establish the performance baseline and processes for measurement of progress against the base position in terms of schedule, time and cost
* Develop, implement and maintain quality management processes for schedule integrity (Acumen FUSE, Project Assurance Framework)
* Establish and implement the process to manage actual and forecasted costs against the defined control account structure (in-period, in-year, whole life)
* Establish and maintain processes to identify and track risks and opportunities and apply risk modelling periodically (timeline to be agreed with PM) to assess programme / project confidence levels
* Develop and produce performance progress reports to the JV, SL, JV MPR and the BEP JV Executive
* Establish and maintain processes to identify, define, evaluate, plan, track and realise cost and schedule benefits
* Strategic recommendations to the project leadership team on how the project resources (people, materials, supply chain) should be allocated to optimise the schedule and project performance
Skills & Experience Required
* A proven track record in successfully leading a schedule driven Project Controls team within the construction and engineering Industry
* Excellent planning and cost management skills are essential for success, along with the ability to objectively assess project performance
* Ability to communicate to multiple stakeholders at project, client and JV executive levels.
* 10 - 15 years' experience within the Nuclear or similar highly regulated sector
* 10+ years Earned Value Management (EVM) experience
* Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
* Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex schedule driven projects that are strategic in nature and national in scope
* Experience of complex projects with multiple contract tiers aligned to NEC3
* Experience of joint ventures.
* Well organised and methodical
* Positive and enthusiastic approach
* Able to work without day-to-day supervision
* Experience of full EVM deployment across multi-million pound contracts
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business