Norgine is a leading European specialist pharmaceutical company that has been bringing transformative medicines to patients for over a century. Our commitment to transforming people's lives drives everything we do and our European experience, fully integrated infrastructure and exceptional partnership approach enables us to quickly apply creative solutions to bring life-changing medicines to patients that they may not otherwise be able to access. Norgine is proud to have helped 22 million patients around the world in 2019 and generated €419 million in net product sales, a growth of 6% over 2018.
Norgine has a direct presence in 12 European countries, as well as Australia and New Zealand. We also have a strong global network of partnerships in non-Norgine markets. We are a flexible and fully integrated pharmaceutical business, with manufacturing (Hengoed, Wales and Dreux, France), third party supply networks and significant product development capabilities, in addition to our sales and marketing infrastructure. This enables us to acquire, develop and commercialise specialist and innovative products that make a real difference to the lives of patients around the world.Role: Associate Director Due Diligence & IntegrationGeographical:Managerial span of control
- Team managed: Leadership of Global Senior Cross-Functional teams (Approx. 10-25 people per cross-functional team)
- Direct Reports: None
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- The Associate Director, Due Diligence & Integration will be responsible for leading/managing both the due diligence of new opportunities and/or integration of acquired assets into the Norgine organisation - Also the reverse activities for out licensing and divestments.
Leadership or management of allocated C&BD Due Diligence and Integration activities including in licensed, out licensed, acquisition and divestment opportunities.
- Manage a cross-functional team of internal and external subject matter experts to complete the due diligence process, partnering with the Business Development Lead who has overall responsibility for the opportunity.
- Manage the due diligences from commencement to closure / post-deal handover.
- Set up SharePoint sites, coordinate expert assessments, prepare diligence updates for internal committees, organise / minute team meetings, track progress and ensure diligence members complete actions, liaise with external parties, coordinate exchange of information between third parties and Norgine.
- Ensure there is thorough review of all information provided (e.g. data room), coordinate Q&A with the external party and collate inter-dependencies of the findings and risks.
- Ensure all relevant business functions provide/sign off on reported summaries of their findings.
- Ensure presentations / reports to stakeholders (inc. NPC-BD and TALC) are written and presented clearly, concisely and provide a balanced and unbiased representation of the value, risks and risk mitigation for the opportunity.
- Work closely with finance and commercial evaluation colleagues providing input to valuation models to support the investment case.
- Make recommendations based on feedback from the due diligence team on whether Norgine should progress with an opportunity and to identify key opportunities and risks.
- Where we are divesting or outlicensing, managing the data room creation and our response to the due diligence being performed by the other party.
- Lead relevant functions in Norgine to develop and execute integration plans to ensure achievement of financial and other goals / KPIs.
- Collaborate with deal team to assist in transaction and develop knowledge necessary to create integration plan.
- If deal signed, manage smooth handover to Alliance Management or manage Integration, as appropriate.
- Partner with management and staff of acquired businesses to execute integration plan, assimilate into Norgine, and achieve targets during integration/transition phase.
- Serve as visible leader and ambassador to demonstrate Norgine culture/values and welcome new colleagues.
- Report progress, performance and risks directly to the Sponsor, ExCo and other governance bodies as required.
- Where we are divesting/separating part of the business, managing the transition of the assets acquired by the other party.
- Support Director, Due Diligence & Integration to improve Norgine's Due Diligence and Integration/Separation Management capability, including seeking out best practices external to Norgine.
- Partner with C&BD Operations to develop repeatable processes and templates that are flexible enough to be tailored to specifics of individual opportunities.
- Engage the wider organisation to ensure Lessons Learned are captured and implemented for future opportunities.
- TALC (Acquisition and Licensing Committee)
- Chief Business Development Officer (CBDO)
- Senior Managers from across the business
- Director/Manager, Business Development
- Director, Alliance Management
- Cross-functional Due Diligence & Integration Teams
- Life Sciences Degree
- Post-graduate business qualification a distinct advantage
- Good track record in Pharmaceutical Alliance Management, from both a commercial and technical perspective
- Experience of in-licence, out-licence and distribution partnerships
- Broad based knowledge of the Pharma industry
- Transactional experience is essential
- Other European languages an advantage
- Proven line management experience
- Proven negotiation skills and experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Highly numerate
- Excellent interpersonal skills - the ability to work with a wide range of people across functions and countries
- Strong presentation skills
- Able to operate independently and autonomously as well as work as part of a team