An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Design Engineer to join a leading supplier to the international metals industry where the ideal candidate will support the team in product redesign, reverse engineering, and detailing.
The key candidate will need to have experience using CAD software as well as bringing other key engineering skills to the role.
This role brings with it the opportunity to grow within the business, some travel domestic and international may also be required. Accountability and Responsibility:
Qualifications & Experience: (desirable and/or essential)
- Accountable for the completion of 3D modelling, detail design, technical calculations, and product development utilizing the Company's internal software and tools.
- Responsible for assigned portion of product redesign and reverse engineering process, ensuring project schedules are maintained whilst following internal Company standards.
- Monitor progress, identify any areas of concern, escalate & manage customer expectations.
- Co-ordinate inputs to ensure a winning strategy is clearly communicated and documented.
- Capture information/ update historic databases.
- Highly organized with the ability to deliver technical documents within agreed SLA's
- Ensure technical documents, relevant project related information are recorded and filed correctly on the server.
- Support the Aftersales team through drawing/document creation and on-site reverse engineering of products.
- Liaise with representatives of suppliers during technical evaluations of project solutions.
- Manage expectations, clarify requirements and make requests, including submission deadline changes, as required.
- Prepare data analysis for the Aftersales team ahead of project commencement dates.
- Support international colleagues during technical and commercial negotiations.
- HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
- 3+ years of experience in 2D and 3D CAD required (Autodesk Inventer and Vault experience a plus).
- Excellent communication and team working skills both oral and written; with proven clear and effective communication skills in both formal and informal business environments.
- Experience of working in a technical department of a competitor OEM
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to look at the finer details.
- Ability to deliver quality results under pressure is essential for this position.
- Ability to remain self-motivated.
- Experience undertaking structured writing in the form of technical reports.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft programmes; in particular Word formatting and overall documentation presentation skills.
- Working experience within technical structures for products related to Scrap Metal Recycling Industry desirable.
- Be available for regular business travel.
- Evidence of project management experience or understanding is beneficial.
- Familiarity and competence in using previous internal tools and standards.
- A keen eye for detail is essential for this role.
- Ability to plan the delivery of assignments within agreed SLA's both internal and external.
- Basic product/plant understanding and know-how (what pieces go where and how to find reference information).
- Ability to make on-site measurements using manual measuring methods of site layout and /or OEM 3
- 021.equipment in situ for reverse engineering.
- A good understanding of AutoCAD and the ability to create a scaled 3D model from customer documentation