Senior Registered Mental Health NurseHours - 43 per weekSalary - £19.15 per hour.
Cygnet Health Services for Adults, the UK's largest provider of specialist services in Education, mental health rehabilitation and learning disabilities, is looking for a dedicated, caring individual to join the company as a Registered Mental Health Nurse.
We offer excellent training and career progression opportunities as well as a variety of staff benefits. Churchill Hospital
Churchill Hospital is a 57 bedded locked rehabilitation / Acute Services for Male patients with enduring mental illness.Job Profile
- Supervise an allocated team of Nurses and Support Workers and ensure care and associated duties are allocated effectively and within team members' competence. To ensure that allocated care is completed to a high standard at all times.
- Develop and monitor managerial and clinical supervision within the allocated team. Ensure that all staff in the allocated team has the opportunity to participate in supervision, that salient issues are addressed and that comprehensive monitoring and documentation is in place at all times.
- Monitor staff rotas to ensure effective staffing on shifts with due regard to skill and gender mix. Inform the Head of Care of any shortfalls or issues that may affect patient care and safety.
- Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual patient programmes of care- with a focus on risk assessment and risk management strategies, ensuring that the requirements of the Care Programme Approach are met in a timely manner.
- Conduct Return to Work and Sickness interviews, at the request of the Head of Care. Ensure appropriate documentation is maintained.
- Administer prescribed medicines and document the same in accordance with CAS Behavioural Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines.
- On call rotation, providing advice to staff as necessary and document highlighting serious concerns for the Manager.
The ideal candidate will be fully conversant with the Mental Health Act 1983, understand the latest nursing practices. Have knowledge of PSI and will also have some experience in a forensic or secure environment.
Successful candidates will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post. Cygnet Health Care is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and Adult service users within our care.How to Apply
To apply for this vacancy please email CV to Albert Chelliah (Hospital Director) alternative James Cooper (Clinical Services Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org
please refer to the attached Job Specification.
Cygnet Churchill is a 40 bed high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service for men who have severe and enduring mental illness and who may have been detained under the Mental Health Act. Men often come to this service following multiple placement breakdowns, failed treatment programmes or stepping down from secure settings.
Our recovery programme is delivered in a culture that balances risk management with therapeutic optimism, where men have the opportunity to learn and practice the skills they will need in a completely safe environment.This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Job Description Churchill_Senior_Registered_Mental_Health_Nurse_Advert_041220_002_.doc