We're working with an highly successful technology business who've seen excellent growth over that last 4 years. They have a range of solutions currently used by customers around the globe. They work closely with their clients to understand the unique requirements of different markets and strive to make best use of technology to deliver a high quality product.The Role
As Engineering Manger your responsibilities will include:
- Hiring, leading, mentoring and coaching your team facilitating their professional development and learning opportunities
- Driving technical standards ensuring platforms are robust, flexible, scalable, and cost effective
- Play an active part in creating a motivating, supportive and productive working environment for our engineering teams
- Be an agile delivery lead and help teams constantly improve their working practices
- Ensuring your Engineering team is collaborating effectively with other teams to achieve project deliverables
- Own the development and delivery of a roadmap of work for your scope of responsibility
- Continuously raise the quality of engineering practices and platform releases.
- Stay informed about the latest technical trends to help resolve the opportunities and challenges our teams face
- Measure and monitor production systems, including key data that demonstrates the value of the teams deliverables
- Code review, Automated Testing collaboration and support
- Develop technical architecture and planning documents for current and future developments
- Ensure that all team members have a clear understanding of the overall system architecture and design components, in the context of meeting product requirements
- Create technical documentation for internal and external parties
- Participate in reasonable on-call rotations with the rest of Engineering
Candidates should be able to demonstrate skills and experience including;
- Experience in a similar position with excellent communication and management skills
- Experience in TDD, XP practices, clean code, SOLID principles
- CI set up with Jenkins
- You will have experience of planning and executing work within agreed estimates, time schedules and priorities.
- Experience in leading a mobile app project would be beneficial
The company have a highly skilled and high performing development team and are constantly looking to improve both technologies used and working practices. Future development work is likely to involve
- Jetpack Compose
- Kotlin MultiPlatform
- Clean Architecture
- BDD testing frameworks
The client have an office in the centre of Newcastle however will operate a flexible appraoch to home/office based work. They've been very successful this year working remotely however are keen to maintain the company culture and collaboration in the teams so do hope to get back into the office at times.
The role will come with salary of up to £75,000 and an excellent benefits package.