An exciting new opportunity has arisen for experienced Operational Manager to lead a fresh and dynamic team in the delivery of a safe, personal and effective service for the mass delivery of COVID-19 vaccinations. This high profile role will be for approximately 4-6 months.
The successful candidate will have significant experience of managing operational services and multidisciplinary teams in healthcare settings.
The role will be remunerated under the NHSI Agency Caps at Band 8a. Key responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Responsible for overseeing the operational activity for the clinical assessment, vaccination and post-vaccination observation area;
- Ensure a consistently resilient, high quality process of delivering COVID-19 vaccinations;
- Coordinate and oversiee the vaccination delivery including daily reporting;
- Provide adequate leadership and support to all staff and citizens;
- Create an environment in which the effective delivery of care is appropriately managed and providing ongoing support to the site staff and the patients;
- Develop and maintain relationships with all relevant stakeholders and service providers including PHE health protection services, quality assurance teams, and local authority colleagues to ensure seamless programme delivery;
- Monitor uptake and identify inequalities in vaccination uptake particularly in relation to social class, ethnicity, special need, and develop and implement plans to reduce inequality.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent level of experience;
- Credible experience of operational management within the NHS;
- Proven track record of managing patient flow across a healthcare footprint would be advantageous;
- Significant experience of operational service management in a healthcare setting.
If you are interested in the role, please send a copy of your updated CV to along with your availability.