Nurse Team Leader
Service Name: Hazlemere Lodge
Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £14.00 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week
- Extensive access and support to recognised qualifications
- 30 days annual pro-rata inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Employee benefit discount scheme
- Access to our employee assistant programme
Ambient Support is a registered UK charity with over 25 years' experience in providing care and support services for older people, people with a mental health need and people with a learning disability.Our Nurse Team Leader needs:
Our Nurse Team Leader will carry out the following duties:
- Experience in care of the older person
- Previous experience of team leadership and working on own initiative
- Desirable: Completed Care of Older People placement
- Desirable: Experience of working in a residential or nursing home
- Desirable: Proven first line management experience
- Desirable: Ability to undertake further management duties as directed by Head of Nursing, Lead Nurses or Senior Management Team
- Good literacy, numerical and verbal skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and to manage a shift
- Demonstrate an understanding of the need of for good evidence-based practice and accountability
- Ability to administer medication in accordance with Heritage Care's medication policy and the NMC guidelines
- Demonstrate an awareness of the principle points of the NSF for older people, Health and Care Act 2008 and CQC Essential Standards of Quality and Safety
- Ability to work flexibly, responding to the needs of the service
- Ability to respect the choice, dignity and rights of individuals
- Sensitive, Kind & Considerate
- A Good listener
- A sense of fun
- To provide direct nursing care.
- To ensure that good quality records, care plans (CP) and individual programme plans (IPP) are completed, maintained and reviewed, as often as is needed, in line with their needs and circumstances. To ensure that this is achieved whilst promoting independence and choice, and in partnership with service users, relatives, colleagues and other professionals. To ensure that records are timely, accurate, and relevant, in compliance with statutory requirements and NMC guidelines.
- To Administer medication as prescribed by the GP in accordance with Ambient Support's policies and NMC guidelines.
- To delegate responsibility to other staff within that person's capability/limitations and to en-sure that this is completed satisfactorily.
- To ensure that open channels of communication exist at all times between all grades of staff, service users, families, visitors, GP's and all other visiting personnel.
- To be familiar with all Ambient Support's policies, and procedures and to be fully aware and knowledgeable regarding all emergency procedures and special needs of individual service users.
- When appropriate, to be responsible for the management, safety and care of the service us-ers/tenants during the night.
- To develop community confidence in and promote a positive reputation and public image of the Scheme at all times and to help market it where appropriate.
- To ensure that all resources and commodities are used appropriately and sensibly, and wastefulness is avoided as far as reasonable consistent with good practice, e.g. incontinence pads, wipes, dressings, energy supplies.
- To use computers on a regular basis:
- To use care management systems to access and update residents' information, including care plans, and to access and update other home data.
- To work flexibly (over a 24/7, 365 days a year basis) according to the demands of the service. This will include working a flexible shift pattern consisting of early, late and waking night shifts where applicable and to work on all days of the week as required.
Hazlemere Lodge is ideally situated in the heart of the community in Hazlemere.
It is a Residential care home that is able to provide a home to 64 residents. The home is able to support up to 32 residents with nursing are needs and can support 16 residents living with dementia.
Hazlemere Lodge provides a friendly, supportive and welcoming home from home environment with regular and varied activities. Outings and events are also organised. Want to take your first steps to join a new rewarding career? - Click apply or please call Kayleigh on for more information