Our client is a well-known ventures capital provider and they are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Ventures Manager to join their business on a permanent basis and work from their Gloucester office; to work at the heart of an exciting and fast paced ecosystem which reviews new early-stage investment opportunities on a daily basis.Key Accountabilities for the Senior Ventures Manager role
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- Managing, sourcing and overseeing deal flow generation
- Identifying and growing relationships with accelerators and other deal flow sources
- Performing and overseeing assessments on opportunities
- Negotiating deal parameters on investment opportunities
- Preparing cap table illustrations and projecting future performance
- Preparing and editing investment summaries and presenting these internally
- Working with external experts to assess technology, IP and tax qualifying status
- Performing and overseeing market, financial and competitor analysis
- Pro-actively spotting and resolving issues in portfolio companies
- Preparing investor reports and working with external NEDs around board meetings
- Managing analysts and acting as board observer for portfolio companies
- Other duties commensurate with this level as requested by the Senior Team
- Have 5-10 year's experience in the start-up or start-up investment sector.
- Have an insightful commercial mindset and existing network in the start-up sector.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a flair for negotiation, influencing and persuading.
- An ability to simply articulate complex issues, both in written form and verbally.
- A team player with experience of managing teams.
- An innate ability in pro-actively supporting colleagues.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong time management and high level of dedication during busy periods.
- Excited by the world of early-stage start-ups.
- Willing to learn fast and adopt new technologies.
- Hold a minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent.
In return you will be offered a salary of £65,000 to £80,000, generous benefits package and bonus structure.
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been short-listed for this role.
Please note that our client is an equal opportunities Employer and adheres to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.