EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy and Belgium. We're the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity, the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in Great Britain, the largest supplier to British businesses and we employ more than 13,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We are playing a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK to secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees.
The Financial Reporting Accountant will be able to demonstrate excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills combined with technical insight and advice, either from the renewables or a similar capital intensive industry.
You will have demonstrated the ability to work in and manage activities across a rapidly evolving and growing business.
Whilst navigating easily between a wide range tasks will be integral to this role so will strong analytical skills and a continuous improvement mind set.
What does being a great Financial Accountant mean at EDF RUK mean?
• Curiosity & Analytical Thinking: You're able to gain an understanding of what the data and the business is telling you and generate customer insights and solutions from this.
• Planning & Prioritising You have a structured plan for the required works that is achievable and communicated to stakeholders, and you keep track of progress ensuring progress is shared with the business.
• Create The Right Solution: You challenge established practices and identify better ways to meet the business' needs.
• Telling The Story: You can effectively articulate the problem and explain why you are solving it. You can provide data that supports this and are able to explain the solution that has been chosen.
• Implementation: You proactively follow through on your activities and projects to deliver a high quality outcome without loose ends.
• Accounting qualification (ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA)
• Knowledge of both UK GAAP and IFRS, experience of preparing statutory accounts
• Strong numerical and analytical skills
• Able to challenge the way things are done and look at ways to make improvements to the business
• Proficient IT skills (Spreadsheets, database, Visual basic)
• Knowledge of internal systems (SAP, BOFC)
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to prioritise conflicting activities and be proactive
• Act with complete integrity and confidentiality
Why EDF Renewables?
We're proud to be an inclusive, disability confident employer and recognise the importance of employee well-being, and although these roles are advertised on a full-time basis as standard, flexible working arrangements will be considered.
We're about the people who work with us and we celebrate their diversities and embrace the value that their differences bring. We believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation, with a number of employer networks and benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Recruiting from the widest possible pool of talent, we assess every potential employee against our four key behaviours - Integrity, Inclusion, Inspiration and Impact. We make sure that our workforce is a true reflection of our communities and customers. Their unique perspectives not only give us a better understanding of customers from all walks of life, but bring fresh ideas too.