To work as part of a dedicated engineering management team to successfully deliver high quality, innovative products on time and to budget that deliver successful results for clients.Responsibilities
- Be an expert in agile software delivery, coaching others and introducing good practice such as test-driven development, continuous integration/delivery etc.
- Line-manage software engineers, supporting them to develop their careers and coaching them to enhance their skills, demonstrating a positive approach to problem solving.
- Work across multiple software engineering platforms, frameworks and tools to deliver innovative solutions. Continually look to expand knowledge in new technology areas and be an expert in at least one platform and able to teach and advise others.
- Influence stakeholders (product owner & team, business analysts) to shape requirements that can be successfully delivered. Coordinate technical stakeholders to shape maintainable, high-performing, reliable, secure and cost-effective solutions.
Skills & Experience
- Experience building complex systems using modern programming languages, agile practices
- Experience of managing software engineering teams.
- Passionate about software engineering practices and sharing that knowledge with others though setting the example (role modelling), coaching and mentoring.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to exert a positive influence on a team.