Why apply for this role?
In this varied role, you will act as an individual contributor, using specialist vendor management knowledge and a sound understanding of how the function serves business stakeholders to maintain commercially viable services for the business.
You will work closely with other members of the team across all levels to establish business processes, recommending improvements as relevant.
If you're someone who's performed a similar role already, this is the perfect opportunity to develop your career.What you'll be doing
What we're looking for
- Using commercial strategies to deliver sustainable cost savings as part of Santander's transformation programme
- Delivering the centralised Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) strategy on a day to day basis for a small portfolio of high/medium risk suppliers
- Identifying and supporting the reengineering of end to end customer, operational and business processes that include our 3rd party supplier base
- Supporting a San Services wide programme of overhauling all vendor contracts applying 'golden principles' which are both favourable and sustainable to Santander
- Identifying assessing, managing and reporting risks
- Taking proactive personal responsibility for 'doing the right thing' in compliance with regulatory requirements and our frameworks and policies
What else you need to know
- Strong understanding of operations, technology and other key San Services functions
- Proven track record of supporting delivery of change programmes within large organisations
- Knowledge of supporting the delivery of intellectual models to a defined portfolio of vendors in large financial institutions
- Proven track record of understanding risk principles at a senior level in an operational environment
- Knowledge of digital and automation tool/techniques in financial services
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friend policies visit our website.Why Santander?
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.Equal Opportunities
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. We have an inclusive culture that aims to make all colleagues feel they belong and can succeed at Santander, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.