nmcn work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill - from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
Through our unique offering, providing services from feasibility and design, to construction and handover, our Water business provides 'Full Asset Lifecycle Thinking' across our projects, in both the clean and wastewater environments. Always ensuring we are supporting our customers with innovative outcome-based solutions and an exceptional experience. We currently deliver infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for 10 of the largest national water sector companies.
We are looking to recruit a Project Manager based out of our Warrington office.What you'll be doing day to day
The experience we're looking for in a candidate
- Assuming responsibility for the management of project delivery outputs including programme, financial position, health safety, environmental performance and progress for all allocated schemes.
- The ability to interact in a professional manner with senior representatives of our clients.
- Competent with current H&S Legislation able to demonstrate a full understanding of CDM regulations.
- Responsible for the day to day management of multiple concurrent projects to ensure the successful delivery of the project against the project KPI's.
- To ensure compliance with all company safety, environmental and quality systems.
- Liaise with client's staff to ensure KPI's are met or exceeded within budget constraints
- To manage the project team ensuring that each member has a clear set of objectives. To develop and motivate all team members.
- To assume responsibility of the financial performance of each project with overall responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts undertaken
- To participate in monthly financial reviews for all projects with the Quantity Surveyor, ensuring that all Project Engineers have prepared accurate financial performance reports
- A strong contractual understanding ideally with NEC forms of contract
- Complete contract documentation
- Prepare estimates and quotations
- To develop in conjunction with the project planner a detailed project programme ensuring that it is maintained to drive the project to key deliverable milestones.
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
- To closely liaise with other departments, such as tendering and design, to ensure resources are correctly allocated and client requirements are fully achieved.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
- Ensure that project resources are made available to attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
- Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- To ensure all contract documentation such as, "As built" drawings, Commissioning Manuals and Operation and Maintenance Manuals are prepared in line with the client specifications and timescales
What we can offer you
- Project Management Qualification (PMP) or MRICS ( Project Management Pathway)
- Contracting background (Engineering)
- Security Clearance , SC clearance is desirable
- Experience of working with Electronic Security (desirable)
- Knowledge of Security and Emergency Measures Directive (desirable)
- CSCS card
- Demonstrable experience of on security projects - 2 years + (desirable)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages, in particular MS Project
- Self motivation
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- Preferred but not essential - IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management (SMSTS)
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
Please note - we may have to close applications to this role sooner than anticipated based on the number of applications received.