Zenith Technologies is one of the leading service providers to the Life Science industry, providing innovative, reliable and technically advanced process measurement, automation and MES Product and Services to a large range of Life Sciences industries, including Pharmaceutical, Bulk Chemical and Biologics. Zenith is a progressive company with offices worldwide and part of the Cognizant group of companies.Title:
Technical Engineering Manager Business area:
Engineering Reports to
: UK General Manager Location:
Reporting directly to the UK General Manager, the Engineering Manager has overall management responsibility for the engineering team across the MES Business Unit primarily focussed on growing and developing the MES team to deliver the current and growing future business demand. The main objective in developing staff capability and facilitating knowledge transfer within the team. A key aspect will be liaising with Zenith Global offices and developing ASPEN capability in all regions, focus on improved delivery and performance in line with Zenith global expectations as well as developing and growing internal staff team to meet the improved performance expectations.
Minimum of 8-10 years' experience with a significant portion in the life science manufacturing industry. At least 3 years should have been spent at either Senior Engineer, Project Manager or Engineering Manager level. This experience may have been in an industry supplying/servicing the life science manufacturing industry, in the life science manufacturing industry itself, or a combination of both.ResponsibilitiesPeople Management/ Operational Delivery
Technical Direction on Projects
- Managing, supporting and providing technical direction and leadership to the engineering team across MES Business Unit, so as to ensure people have the adequate support and skills to deliver in their role.
- Line Management responsibility for Lead / Senior MES Engineering team, and team managers, including conducting annual Performance Reviews (PMDS) communicating about own performance and that of the company in general
- Plan regular face to face meetings in order to coach, motivate and engage with people.
- Work closely with HR and engage & support HR activities.
- Champion the ZT Continuing Professional Development programme within their region.
- Forecasting additional technical resource requirements and working closely with the recruitment them to select appropriate candidates
Proposal Technical Ownership & related sales activity
- Understand the various technologies across the MES programme and identification of relevant skills sets and skill levels to deliver requirements.
- Technical Ownership of all ZT projects being delivered in their region. Ensuring each aspect of a project from design to testing is reviewed and deemed fit for purpose. Involvement/approval of ZT PQEP/CMP Documentation
- Work closely with Project Managers and Lead Engineers to ensure all projects are set up for success.
- A deep understanding of Manufacturing Systems and associated Software standards is a key part of the role
- To develop and create as needed; appropriate good practice engineering processes, practices and procedures to ensure continuous improvement and high quality, while keeping costs under control
- Manage, monitor and control specific business and budgeting activities associated with their department.
- Actively drive and develop knowledge management, training and technical upskilling programme for project demand of new staff and continuous improvement initiatives within Zenith Technologies.
- Involvement and contribution to Zenith global initiative around MES Centre of Excellence
- Understands and contributes to ZT's vision, goals and strategies. Aligns the engineering department's priorities appropriately, determines critical success factors, evaluates and pursues initiatives, investments and opportunities based on their fit with ZT Strategic objectives.
- Ownership & Provision of technical support to the sales team including interpretation of RFP scope, development of technical solutions and generation of the associated estimates. Also, development of these skills and capability within their regional engineering pool.
- Works closely with key internal stakeholders to inform discussions and agree an appropriate client/site sales strategy.
- Identify and execute sales activities where appropriate.
- Responsibility for management of Engineering Team Managers and project Engineers.
- Ability to lead and/or provide technical expertise to consultancy projects as required
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- Post Graduate Qualification in related discipline is desirable
- Minimum of 10 years' experience within the life sciences sector
- Strong organisational, negotiation, problem solving and decision making skills
- Takes ownership of the work, is self-motivated with an ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- High levels of emotional intelligence with strong interpersonal and communication skills with a strong ability lead, motivate and delegate
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to multi-task multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with a 'can-do' positive attitude
- Flexibility to travel frequently as required by the needs of the business
- Commitment to continuous learning and development
- Successful experience in heading high level projects, managing priorities, budgeting and resources
- Experience in managing and developing a team, including conducting reviews and holding difficult conversations
Apply through this link or send your CV to UKRecruitment@zenithtechnologies.com