Sales Manager - Digital Marketing - ManchesterAbout this role
This is a specialist digital marketing role, setting up and managing an exciting new advertising sales and service team. You will lead a team acquiring and nurturing new SME customers - with responsibility for managing their digital advertising budgets, strategies and campaigns.The company are launching an exciting new digital advertising proposition and are seeking an experienced leader to take on this high visibility role.
As a digital marketing specialist, you will deeply understand how to setup, manage and optimise paid multi-targeted digital advertising campaigns including paid social media, programmatic digital display as well as paid search and SEO. You will deal directly with higher value customers, providing expert consultation on their digital strategy. You will also understand how best to improve working processes, hire, train and coach individuals within the team and ensure the team deliver best in class account management and customer serviceYou'll have the following responsibilitiesBusiness Development
- Responsible for building and managing a high value customer base, through effective and continuously optimised customer acquisition.
- Implement successful retention strategies, encouraging customers to continue booking campaigns and invest more in digital advertising.
- Ensure we drive ROI for customers and establish a trusted consultant status.
- Working with customers to understand their current and future advertising needs, pain-points, focus areas and financial goals to deliver successful campaigns and drive client growth
- Work with existing sales teams to develop and embed new sales and service techniques, processes and strategies in a new team
- Track, manage and optimise customer churn - implementing new ideas, processes and measures that improve customer retention
- Working closely with the Advertising Operations Manager, ensure the team deliver best in class recommendations on digital advertising strategy, creative and advertising formats best practice
- Working with the product team; monitor, review and make recommendations on product and service improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring the CRM is kept up to date.
You'll have the following skills & experience
- Ensure the team deliver a best in class consultative sales experience, and continually optimise delivery of outbound and inbound calls based on insights and customer feedback, to maximise the acquisition of new customers.
- Track performance with the team, monitoring sales outcomes and the quality of outputs that have been delivered for customers.
- Attend review calls with high value customers to discuss campaign performance and any optimisation needed or previously done by the Advertising Operations team.
- Ensure the team provide excellent and consistent client support as well as proactive and immediate issue resolution.
- Manage, prioritise and guide the workload of a growing team
- Manage team performance and reviews, setting, managing and reporting against the team's targets and KPIs
- Report to senior management and participate in quarterly plans
- Industry knowledge - an excellent understanding of the digital landscape and hands on experience working with digital advertising channels, including paid social, PPC, programmatic display across desktop and mobile.
- Expert on industry developments - constantly at the forefront of new techniques, tactics and platforms.
- Campaign management experience - extensive experience developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating integrated digital marketing campaigns.
- Campaign specific experience - experience of Google AdWords and Analytics, Facebook for Business/Campaign Manager, programmatic advertising, and an understanding of SEO principles.
- Sales skills - experienced salesperson with an excellent understanding of how to leverage and embed sales strategies to attract and retain customers. Experience preferred within an agency or client-side marketing environment with SME and Corporate clients.
- Account and relationship management - experience in building and maintaining lasting relationships with a wide range of clients including SME and Corporate businesses, leading teams to be responsive and maintain a high level of client satisfaction.
- Team management skills - experience in managing, growing and scaling a team, setting up and managing the teams' and individual OKRs, driving career and personal development.
- Expert stakeholder management skills include executive-level stakeholders, cross-functional internal teams, and third parties/suppliers.
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal form, delivering executive-level presentations both externally and internally.
- Customer and query management skills - excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques, and customer service and problem-solving orientation.
- Industry experience - 5+ years' experience in digital advertising account management, with at least 2 years managing a team of at least 5 + people
- This is a truly exceptional opportunity to be heading up a new division with a large multinational organisation and build something from grass roots.