Digital Manager - Social Media & SEO
Up to £45,000 per annum Who are we?
We are Voneus! We are striving to be the UK'S leading Rural Broadband Provider. Not every company gets a chance to impact individuals lives meaningfully, but occasionally some companies get to take on significant challenges and tackle real pain points.
We are a team, not a family - we recruit, develop and retain in a way that ensures we find the very best person for every role. We have already learnt that goals change, people change, and day-to-day business evolves. So, before anything, always expect change and be ready to go with it! We try to keep our organisation flat; corporate, rigid org charts never survive the realities of building a great company. Making this a reality needs flexible people who are capable of both self-direction and outstanding communication.
In our environment, structure exists to provide clarity about responsibilities and empower individuals to do their best.The Role
We are looking for a tenacious and savvy social media and digital guru to manage our online presence. You will drive innovation through the creation of original content, including blogs & videos and day-to-day content implementation. The role will also have a focus on community management where you will be managing posts and responding to followers.
Most importantly, while managing Voneus' image in a cohesive way, the Social Media Manager role requires a balance between creativity and analytics that will deliver against our hard marketing goals and track campaign success.What you will be doing...
- In collaboration with the Head of Marketing design and implement social media strategies that align with business goals and drive growth, high-level engagement & deliver against our commercial KPIs
- In collaboration with the Sales and Customer Services teams you will ensure brand consistency
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Responsible for monitoring, managing & moderating our social media communities - communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Set specific objects and benchmarks and report weekly on performance and ROI
- Oversee social media accounts' design
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics ensuring organic growth
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Research new developments within the field such as new tech, trends, design tools, come up with ideas based around those developments and communicate this research weekly to the broader marketing team
- Implement new strategies to further develop our brand awareness
- Sharing your knowledge by training and guiding team members on social media best practices, strategies and competitor activities
- Proven startup/disruptor brand experience
- Extensive professional experience and knowledge of social media channels, Organic Search, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of UMBRACO would be desirable but not essential.
- Ideally from a Journalism background
- A proven track record of growing and engaging communities in social media
- Experience of successfully enhancing organic growth
- Hands on experience in content creation (text, image & video) and content management with strong copywriting skills
- Familiarity with web design
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- BSc degree in Marketing, Media or Journalism