Are you a thinking about a career in teaching and would like some classroom experience in the Southport area? Are you looking for flexible work that can fit around your lifestyle? If so, then Tradewind can help you once schools re-open following lockdown.
The role of a Cover Supervisor would give you the perfect insight into life in school, the classroom and give you an excellent start for your PGCE.
The role of a Cover Supervisor:
* Delivery of work set by the class teacher
* Engage students and simultaneously manage behaviour
* Leave feedback for the class teacher on work completed and general class behaviour
* Follow school policies, e.g. behaviour policy (you will be made aware of these on arrival at school)
* Bookings are predominately day to day, so there is a great deal of flexibility available. However, there is also the opportunity for longer term bookings, but the majority are on a shorter term basis.
The ideal Cover Supervisor will:
* Be a Graduate (desirable but not essential)
* Have experience in a position of responsibility (Police/ Social Work/ Mentoring/ Military/ coaching- not an exhaustive list)
* Have a positive and engaging demeanour
* Be able to build positive professional relationships with both staff and students
* Be able to think on your feet
* Be able to communicate effectively
* Be committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students
To join us and be successful in this Cover Supervisor role you will need:
* An Enhanced DBS Disclosure Certificate, which is on the update service or be willing to apply for one (cost refunded after the completion of 20 days' work)
* An overseas police check (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for the role of cover supervisor based in Southport.
1.As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
2. We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
3. Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request)
4. More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
5. Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer