Calyx about us:
"Through innovative eClinical solutions and services, Calyx turns the uncertain into the reliable, helping bring new medical treatments to market faster. With deep expertise in clinical development and more than 25 years of supporting trial sponsors and clinical research organizations (CROs), Calyx harnesses that intelligence and activates its potential to solve complex problems, deliver fast insights, and get new drugs to market every day."
This is an exciting time to join Calyx as Director of Application Management as this is a new role we are introducing into the business. This role is high profile with broad senior stakeholder engagement both internally and externally. As Director, Application Management you will be reporting to the Senior Director Service Release R&D who will encourage and engage you to lead this function. Key Accountabilities
Skills:Portfolio Management -
- Lead a high performing team of Applications Managers, ensuring both capacity and capability of the function are managed.
- Ensuring compliance of the Applications Management function to standard operating procedures and information security policies.
- Maintaining a strategy that ensure the release, transition, operation and decommission processes are seamless and monitored for consistency, effectiveness and efficiency across the R&D software products and support the wider service operating model.
- Ensuring all R&D products have a service model and associated SLA
- Ensuring Applications Management processes align to quality standards and measure and manage Quality Issues in R&D.
- Measurement of the performance & cost of the released solutions from R&D, and leading on the delivery of identified improvements.
- Maintaining the license register for the R&D purchased software and services, approving new purchases and renewals.
- Ensuring risks are mitigated, and delivery of a continuous improvement plan
- Relationship and stakeholder management
- Ensuring vendors and partners for R&D solution development are part of the Applications Management processes.
Leads the definition of a portfolio of programmes, projects, and service provision. Engages and influences senior managers to ensure the portfolio will deliver agreed business objectives.Change Implementation Planning & Management -
Creates the business readiness plan, considering IT deployment, data migration, capability deployment and any business activities required to integrate new digital processes.Service Level Management -
Ensures that a catalogue of available services is created and maintained and that service level agreements are complete and cost effective. Ensures that service delivery is monitored effectively and that identified actions are implemented.Service Acceptance -
Engages with project management to confirm that products developed meet the service acceptance criteria and are to the required standard. Release & Deployment -
Sets the release policy for the organisation in the context of both development and production/operations. Ensures that management processes, tools, techniques and resources (including automation) are in place to ensure that the transition of services, service components are planned and compliant.Application Support -
Drafts and maintains procedures and documentation for applications support including enhancements to improve business performance.Performance Management -
Manages individuals and groups. Allocates responsibilities, packages of work, including supervisory responsibilities and delegation. Measurement -
Establishes measurement objectives and the scope of measurement for functions, teams and projects. Plans and implements improvements.Supplier Management -
Acts as the routine contact point between the organisation and suppliers.Relationship Management -
Identifies the communications and relationship needs of stakeholder groups. Translates communications/stakeholder engagement strategies into specific activities and deliverables. Knowledge, Experience & Personal Attributes
- Experience of building, leading, coaching and managing high performing teams in software development and service delivery
- Able to lead matrix managed teams
- Applications Management experience or relevant Service Delivery Management in a managed service environment.
- Broad knowledge of IT product development, software development and IT service delivery
- Experience of SAFe or other Agile delivery methods
- Experience of managing application solutions hosted both on traditional infrastructure and in the cloud.
- Experience of the capability, responsibility and consumption models of cloud services, ideally Microsoft Azure
- Strong stakeholder management, relationship building and influencing skills
- Takes responsibility, shows leadership, initiative and self-confidence; be adaptable and able to cope with changing and evolving priorities. Be aware of the value and perception of your activities on your peers and wider team
- Experience of collaborative working with colleagues across cultures and time-zones.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, (verbal/written) communication and positive stakeholder management.
- ITIL v3 / v4 Foundation
- Project Management certification, Prince 2 or PMI desirable
- Relevant degree or significant industry experience.
This role will be based at our modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links as well as a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with Calyx.