Infrastructure Architect - Major Infrastructure Transformation
Unique opportunity for an Infrastructure Architect to join a large-scale, multinational company headquartered in the Sunderland Area. Work will be varied, proposing and architecting infrastructure solutions, underpinning a broad range of innovative business and technology transformations. A fantastic time to join a business undergoing significant change and modernisation, driving innovation and efficiencies with significant investment.
Exciting opportunity to work on flagship projects with best-in-class, latest technologies including cloud (AWS and Azure), SDWAN (Meraki) etc. An operationally complex business with a large number of sites, remote workforce and unique technology needs.
This is an employer of choice. A business which values employees and offers significant potential to enhance and grow your career. Many of the advantages that you might get working for a consultancy/3rd party, such as variety of work, commercial aspect etc, but with far greater work/life balance.
Provision of technical architectural support to large-scale programmes, particularly in organisations where the IT landscape is evolving and constantly rolling out new services.
* Experience of working on end-to-end projects; developing solutions which clearly address the business benefit, recommending solutions (with costing etc), low level technical design and documentation, supporting engineers in delivery etc.
* Experience working on data centre solutions as part of a complex infrastructure ecosystem.
* Experience in architecture of Azure and / or AWS cloud platforms would be beneficial, but not essential (although you must have an interest in working with these technologies)
* Experience with network design/implementations and associated security.
* Likely to have come from a " hands-on" engineering background with a can-do attitude (you will not be "hands-on", however you must be able to work closely with Engineers).
* Extensive experience of defining and developing future roadmaps according to industry trends and best practice.
* Proven ability to analyse complex components, identify decision points, draw conclusions and produce architecture roadmaps.
* Full project lifecycle experience, not just designing theretical architecture, but producing low level technical designs for technical solutions and managing delivery teams in implementing
* effectively both orally and inwriting with all members of the delivery team.
* Ideally experience with technical architecture framework, e.g. TOGAF, Zachman or a comparable methodology.
* Ideally certifications in Cloud, VMware and Microsoft technologies.
* Ability to self-manage, prioritising work and projects which might be moving at different paces, without a Project Manager.
* Ideally experience working for a company whose core business is IT infrastructure, such as an IT Managed Services Provider.
Position paying up to £65,000 + corporate benefits and perks.
Great work culture which promotes work/life balance (... standard working days).
Work from home during Covid-19. Then Sunderland area offices.