Mechanical Design Engineer
An opportunity has arisen with our client based near Sandy who are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their skilled and knowledgeable team on a permanent basis. This role will be working as part of their design team on the comprehensive range of equipment that we manufacture.
The role of the Mechanical Design Engineer is to work in conjunction with the Project Department, you will be part of a team responsible for the design of high quality, technically innovative and commercially competitive products to be used within the food industry as either a stand-alone product, or as part of a full production line solution.
• Produce Autodesk Inventor drawings and models working from concepts and layout drawings
• Assist Project Engineers in taking live projects from inception through to completion
• To design and develop new products for the food processing industry
• Design and develop enhancements to their existing product range
• Specification of mechanical components such as belts, motors and pneumatics
• At least 3 years' experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment
• Fully conversant with Autodesk Inventor
• Proficient with AutoCAD
• Experience within either a sheet metal and fabrication or machining environment would be an advantage
• Experience within the food manufacturing environment is preferred but not essential
• Must be able to deal directly with suppliers
Hours of Work and Pay
• Monday to Friday
• 8.30am to 5pm
• Overtime sometimes available
• Up to £38,000 per annum DOE
This illustrious company is well-known for the manufacturing of high-quality equipment for the food industry. Their expertise covers a broad range of products and they're now looking to add to their team.