Buy Side Risk Product Manager
Financial Risk Analytics at IHS Markit provides products and solutions to financial institutions to measure and manage their counterparty credit risk, market risk, regulatory risk capital and derivative valuation adjustments. Using the latest analytics and technology such as a fully vectorized pricing library, Machine Learning and a Big Data stack for scalability, our products and solutions are used by the largest tier-one banks to smaller niche firms.
Financial Risk Analytics is seeking a highly motived buy side risk product manager to join our team and drive product innovation for our asset management and hedge fund client segments.
- Develop a strategy to build and deliver a competitive offering for buy side risk
- Create and execute the product roadmap, communicating regularly with senior management and clients
- Coordinate with research on development, testing and implementation of new models, ensuring that data and analytics are tightly integrated
- Prioritize development efforts to ensure optimal resource allocation in the context of the roadmap and client's needs.
- Develop analytical tools and prototypes to research features and provide proof of concept prior to implementation.
- Guide the web UI team to design a compelling user interface
- Present product capabilities at client and prospect meetings, gathering feedback and presenting the product vision to the market
- Oversee software releases and go-to-market processes, coordinating with marketing, sales and documentation teams to ensure smooth rollouts.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working directly in the product segment (at an asset manager or service provider) - quantitative portfolio management, risk analytics, performance attribution and portfolio construction
- A minimum of 3 years in software product management or equivalent role
- Multi asset class experience; fixed income, equities, derivatives
- Thorough understanding of buy side risk techniques: VaR, stress testing, and sensitivities
- Experience using risk and portfolio analytics software (e.g. Bloomberg PORT / MARS, Aladdin, MSCI, Axioma)
- Buy side risk UI design experience
- Knowledge of Order Management Systems (OMS) is a plus
- Python and/or R data analysis skills are a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Takes ownership of issues and drives through the resolution
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Selfless collaborator with a focus on excellence
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.