You'll be a key member of the team, assisting the Enterprise Risk function and CRO with the review and challenge of firm wide stress testing and the control of capital risk. You will also liaise with other business areas to make sure that capital risk is embedded in the organisation.
This is a great opportunity for someone to get involved in a blend of risk areas across the bank.What you'll be doing
What we're looking for
- Reviewing and challenging all aspects of stress testing, particularly on firm-wide exercises such as ICAAP, Bank of England, Reverse Stress Test as well as Recovery and Resolution plans
- Maintaining and communicating the Stress Testing Framework, coordinating the annual certification process
- Ensuring that stress testing is used to set, review and challenge Risk Appetite
- Making sure the Capital Risk is identified and controlled effectively
- Ensuring that the business and the support units manage Capital Risk in line with the agreed Risk Appetite and lower level triggers and thresholds.
What else you need to know
- Knowledge of key risk types - how they inter-relate with each other, and how they impact Santander's performance.
- Good understanding of financial products and instruments, and of economic and regulatory capital methodologies across all businesses and risk types.
- An understanding of key regulatory requirements, and their impact on the business such as capital and liquidity.
- Highly developed presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate in a confident, articulate, structured and coherent manner.
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.Why Santander?
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.Equal Opportunities
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. We have an inclusive culture that aims to make all colleagues feel they belong and can succeed at Santander, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.