The Traded Risk Transformation team is responsible for the successful implementation of strategic applications as well as BAU project activities to ensure the highest level of data quality and integrity for Risk Management and to comply with Regulatory commitments.
The role holder will primarily act as a lead across the FRTB planning and execution agenda for TR.Impact on the Business
- Support the planning and implementation of FRTB agenda for TR
- Efficiency improvement of existing fragmented and manual systems
Global consistency and improved control frameworkCustomers / Stakeholders
Deliver effective systems in close co-operation with the following stakeholders;
Leadership & Teamwork
- Market Risk Management
- Traded Credit Risk Management
- Front Office Desks across all asset classes
- Regulatory & Risk Analytics (GRA)
- Independent model review (IMR)
- Traded Risk Control
- Global Wholesale Credit & Market Risk
- Group Risk Technology
- Front Office IT
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Delivery of transformation projects
- Liaise with global/other regional BAs and project managers to leverage knowledge and ensure successful transformation implementation
- Work effectively within the team on cross component projects.
Be cognizant of the need of a strong control environment and ensuring process improvements are being prioritized
Control process is in line with internal and external regulation (PRA, SOx, KPMG, etc.)Major Challenges
- Fragmented environment with large number of source and legacy systems
- Constantly changing regulatory environment
- Local specifics and (legal) restrictions
Dependencies on Front Office IT prioritiesRole Context
- The role is based in London, working closely with Risk Managers and Risk Controllers to ensure smooth delivery of complex projects and workstreams
- Changes to Risk systems are governed by external regulators, which require the project manager to ensure communication channels are open and available between the Risk Managers and the Regulatory & Risk Analytics teams
Responsible to ensure the wider change delivery team is kept abreast of changes in the region and are being engaged in the improvement processManagement of Risk
The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with entity management and/or the appropriate