Area Operations ManagerContract:
The Lake District - Cumbria We are looking for leaders who meet the following profile;
If you are confident that you can demonstrate all of the above....then read on!Purpose:As Area Operations Managers you will be responsible for the management and performance of between 8-15 pharmacies. You will build capable & competent teams to deliver the best community pharmacy experience, focussing on delivering the KPIs and budgets, ensuring patient safety, and that quality and standards are delivered across all Pharmacies.Scope:This role reports directly to the Senior/Regional Operations Manager and will be responsible for:Operational
- Thrives on colleague & patient interaction
- Passionate about spending 90% of their time in Pharmacies
- Works at pace and with accuracy
- Is resilient, enjoys constant change & challenge
- Is motivated by Leading a team to deliver tangible & measurable results
Patient Safety, Quality and Standards
- Visits each Pharmacy every two weeks (minimum), leaving SMART actions, to drive business performance.
- Supports our 'Delivering Well' strategy through alignment of Pharmacy activity to corporate strategy.
- Drives the delivery of Rx growth, Services and OTC sales in line with budgets.
- Delivers excellent standards through ensuring compliance with all processes & procedures.
- Monitors competitor activity to look for opportunities to grow market share.
Delivering Outstanding Care
- Ensures that all Pharmacies meet the GPhC standards & requirements of the NHS contract.
- Completes first line investigations into PSIs & CD discrepancies when required.
- Ensures delivery of all quality standards required by the NHS.
High Performance Team
- Ensures that the team actively promote and deliver all NHS and private services.
- Ensures all complaints & incidents are reported, resolved or escalated as appropriate.
- Actively builds & maintains strong relationships with the local healthcare community.
- Ensures that their team actively offer tailored advice & products for prevention, treatment and wellbeing to patients & customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Recruits & builds trained, motivated and capable teams.
- Actively manages performance through effective coaching & feedback in addition to formal reviews.
- Identifies & develops both internal & external talent, providing a talent pipeline.
- Ensures that everyone in the area is clear on their role & priorities through regular, clear & effective communication.
- Constantly seeks to develop their own skills & competence and builds an environment of ongoing learning for all team members.
How to apply:You will need to
- Experience of field/ multi-site management - either in a BAU capacity, responsible for cross-regional working (manage a Relief team) and/or as part of a project.
- Understanding of the pharmacy market & profession (desirable).
- Sound commercial & analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective coaching & feedback skills.
- Strong planning & organising - able to manage conflicting priorities & allocate resource effectively.
- Able to build & maintain highly effective professional networks through building relationships with internal & external stakeholders based on mutual trust.
- Understands the requirements of the NHS contract and the GPhC/PSNI standards.
submit your CV and a covering letter as 1 document as a word or PDF file when applying.
As this is a new role within Well, it is essential that within your covering letter you detail:
Closing Date: Monday 25th January 2021We reserve the right to close this vacancy in advance of the closing date.
- The reason for your application.
- Your experience in field/multi-site management of teams to deliver key operational targets as well as what other experience you feel you have that would benefit the Area Operations Manager role.