For over 30 years we have been relied on by our customers, including business leaders and sophisticated financial professionals, to advise them and to manage their wealth. We focus on one objective - customer satisfaction - since a satisfied customer will be happy to both return and to recommend us.
This is an opportunity to join a successful and fast-growing national organisation with the added benefit of being part of a significant multinational group.
Handelsbanken Group are deeply committed to embedding good equality and diversity practice into all of our activities so that Handelsbanken Wealth & Asset Management is an inclusive, welcoming and inspiring place to work, regardless of age, disability, pregnancy and/or parental status, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
We encourage and welcome applications from across the global community and all appointments are made solely on merit.Salary & Benefits
- Competitive market rates
- Group personal pension scheme, private medical insurance, life insurance, income protection insurance, preferential staff rates, 25 days holiday, season ticket loan, long term profit sharing scheme
We are recruiting for an Investment Performance & Risk Manager to join our Handelsbanken Asset Management team based in London. We are looking for someone with experience of Performance and Risk within an asset manager to take responsibility for the function. The Investment Performance & Risk specialist will be responsible for the analysis, enhancement and implementation of the Risk and Performance process. This role will work closely with the core investment team as well as individuals across the business including product and compliance.
- Lead the Performance and Risk function for Handelsbanken Asset Management and be responsible for all aspects of performance measurement and risk analytics.
- Work with the second line Risk and Compliance teams to ensure regulations, controls and guidance are adhered to.
- Support the Investment team by utilising FactSet, both operationally and using the analytical capabilities to be able to benefit the business.
- Challenge asset allocation and stock selection decisions made by Investment Directors, and Investment Managers. Chair Monthly 1:1 meetings with portfolio managers alongside the Chief Investment Officer to review portfolio performance.
- Assist with the construction and optimisation of portfolios from a risk management standpoint, ensuring that risks are adequately captured and ensuring that the Investment Team are fully aware of the implications of their decisions.
- Be technically able to use databases and other sources to create and automate regular requests and reviews.
- Manage the sign off of monthly and quarterly reports, and factsheets.
- Use investment management tools, excel and FactSet to provide accurate and timely reporting both internally and externally.
- Respond to ad-hoc data requests accurately, efficiently and effectively.
- Monitor and identify performance and risk metrics, and stress test portfolios to ensure that the Investment team is aware of actual/potential sources of loss to portfolios and assess potential improvements.
- Prepare analysis and present data, challenges and observations at Quarterly Review Meetings.
- Ensure that all instruments are able to be modelled accurately within FactSet and ensure all technical and data requirements are adequately covered.
- Work with project managers and developers to ensure the continued improvement on efficiency within Handelsbanken Wealth & Asset Management's processes.
- Is business-oriented and focuses on the customer.
- Takes a long-term approach.
- Has the courage to make decisions.
- Is innovative and proactive.
- Takes responsibility for his/her own development.
- Has high ethical and moral standards.
- Likes good administrative order.
- Collaborates with others to achieve joint goals.
- Contributes to the development of operations and colleagues.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Investment qualification such as IMC / CFA qualified
- Strong experience of Investment Risk and Performance within an asset manager
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to take initiative, implement new ideas
- Ability to challenge
- Keep abreast of competition and market trends