Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets, Investment Banking and Wealth Management). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
What you'll do
Working in a busy Corporate Communications department, you'll play a key role in the Internal Communications team, leading on internal leadership communication strategy and execution, and where necessary, issues management in the EMEA region, in addition to supporting the Wholesale bank in day-to-day communications, with support of other colleagues. You'll be creative and engaging, with exceptional copywriting skills, including that rare ability to make internal communications sound less corporate and more human.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
* Planning corporate communications and the associated calendar of activities, including writing and owning the 'playbook' on large, integrated communications programmes or for issues management.
* Drafting messages and communications materials on behalf of global management and managing internal news flow across channels, demonstrating a deep understanding of different audiences and specific needs with the ability to adapt and craft messages accordingly.
* Working with colleagues across the business and the Communications team to ensure communications are effective and joined up.
* Liaising with and advising Executive Committee members and business leaders, with confidence and pragmatic judgement.
* Developing an excellent network of contacts within the organization to ensure the strategy of the bank is effectively and accurately communicated.
* Use evidence and insight to drive improvements to our internal communication channels and developing new channels where needed
* Maintaining a robust governance processes partnering with Compliance, IT Security, Business Continuity, Legal and Corporate Communications colleagues
The skills you'll need:
We'll be looking for you to have superb copy-writing skills with the ability to deliver information in a clear and concise manner. Experience of working in a busy communications team or agency is a must. This is a great role for a mid-career level person looking to take the next step up.
You'll also demonstrate:
* Confidence in influencing leaders
* Understanding of the communications mix together with an understanding of employee engagement
* Very strong communications planning skills - the role involves a strong focus on writing/editing as well as the development of comprehensive integrated communications plans on complex topics
* A strong grasp, and interest in, political and economic and financial markets issues
* Strong knowledge of internal communications measurement
* Ability to work within team-oriented global culture, handling sensitive information under pressure
* Ability to be flexible and multi-task on a daily basis, managing ongoing projects as well as ad-hoc issues that demand immediate attention
* That you can thrive in a fast paced environment
• Understand clients' needs and issues, and provide solutions utilizing Nomura Group company's resources, earn the clients' trust
• Acquire a wide range of knowledge as an employee of Nomura, instead of focusing only on one's own area of expertise; play a part in improving the company's services level and corporate value
• Take on new challenges for improvement and cultivate a corporate culture of challenge by driving change in business operations
• Ensure views are not biased, accept different opinions and perspectives, and collaborate with other members to create common values
• Provide appropriate guidance to others and act in a manner that places emphasis on the performance and growth of the organization
• Improve further the understanding and awareness of corporate philosophy, professional ethics, compliance risk management, and code of conduct, and make decisions and take actions from a management position
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.