Technical Design Manager
PSi Talent are proud to represent a client in their search for an Technical Design Manager. The successful candidate will be joining their team in their central production facility.
You will be responsible for all Technical training of customers and support the sales team by keeping up to date with current industry related standards as required and working closely with the Plant Director.
Technical Design Manager Duties:
* Provide pricing & Technical support to the sales team and completing the on-boarding of new customers and implementation of new product training.
* Contact with suppliers for component analysis and materials research
* Write product specifications for new products.
* Oversee the management and training set up of fabricators, with machinery changeover - via external technicians.
* Liaise with fabricators on new machinery and factory audits for product implementation.
* Take responsibility for the full launch of new products from business case approval until ready to sell.
* Carrying out tests
* To work in close collaboration with the Projects Manager, Production Manager and attend project meetings as may be deemed necessary for the progress of the projects.
Technical Design Manager'sSkills:
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to ensure effective communication with a wide range of contacts both internal and external to the organisation.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Experience managing R&D projects
* A flexible, pro-active approach to work including the ability to prioritise and re-prioritise to achieve successful outcomes.
* System knowledge, PC literate - to collate and maintain accurate details and generate reports as required.
Technical Design Manager's Requirements
* Bachelor on Engineering (Mechanical - Industrial Design)
* Planning and Organising
* Min 3 years SolidWorks and AutoCad experience
* Team Work
* PC Literate & Report Writing
* Self Management
* At least 3/4 years in a similar role in an aluminium systems industry