Are you AAT qualified or studying towards an AAT qualification?
Are you looking to work for a dynamic company offering fantastic benefits and career progression?
Due to continuous growth my client based in Bolton has an immediate requirement for a Trainee Accountant to join their team. You will be responsible for the management and maintenance of a portfolio of clients providing a personal accountant service.
Responsibility at a team level for the execution of non-client-facing administrative tasks whilst receiving training towards the objective of becoming an Accountant.
The Trainee Accountant will complete work for all members of the team and reports to the Team Leader.
· Completes the setup of clients on any internal systems on behalf of team.
· Completes registrations with all relevant authorities through to the appointment of Gorilla Accounting as authorised agents for clients on the team.
· Requests professional clearance for clients that migrate to Gorilla Accounting from another accountancy firm.
· Responsible for the completion of administrative tasks on behalf of team, including confirmation statements and change of address.
· Liaise with HMRC and other third parties on behalf of accountants and clients
· Assist other team members in the preparation of client work including VAT returns, payroll and response to client e-mails.
· Assist with the opening of post and the sending of marketing letters when required.
· Any other tasks to assist with the overall management of the practice, at the discretion of management.
· Excellent numeracy skills.
· Methodical approach to working through tasks.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Desire to progress to accountant.
· Studying or planning to study towards the AAT qualification.
Starting is starting at £17,000 pa for the right candidate.
For more information about this role, please contact Jo Piper