Alvio Civil Engineering are looking to take on full time, qualified site engineers due to a substantial expansion in workload and continuous growth expected within the Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire regions. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate substantial knowledge from previous experience within a highways and civils background, be able to perform as part of an engineering team to deliver a high quality service to clients and be confident in their ability to interpret drawings/models etc to extract information needed to carry out their daily tasks. Being a self-driven individual is a must with remote working expected and although reporting daily to an Engineering manager, a great deal of trust will be placed on the individual to self-manage. Key Daily Responsibilities:
Applicants will be expected to
- Work with the site management team to ensure delivery of a successful project
- Provide the workforce with setting out and ensure an understanding for safe and correct build procedures within tolerance.
- Ensure the clients' needs and requirements are met by following the issued drawings and specifications.
- Regular checks of the site control to ensure constant accurate delivery of information.
- Maintain the care and storage of all site engineering equipment.
- Collate all as-built information for digital model creation and QA submittal with fortnightly updates.
- Collects survey data to measure material usage and quantities for material call offs /requisitions.
- Establishing regular submittals of QA records for all permanent works in accordance with the Project Quality Plan and ITP's.
- Raise technical queries with the design team and manage response times to ensure continuity on site.
- Record information issued by the client/designer and ensure any deviations from original issue are captured for CE submittals.
- Work to the method statements issued and be seen to adhere to the processes listed.
- Promote a professional image and represent Alvio Civil Engineering's values and those of the clients.
Successful Applicants will receive:
- Have a related HNC/Degree or equivalent (preferred).
- Be the holder of an SMSTS (preferred) and CSCS (essential) card.
- Provide previous experience within the civils and highways sector.
- Be familiar with AutoCAD (essential) and/or other modelling software.
- Work/commute within Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire and Lincolnshire.
- Be available from 01/03/21
- An extremely competitive salary
- Company vehicle or Car Allowance (negotiable)
- Provision of laptop with relevant engineering software
- Supply of the latest engineering equipment
- 26 days annual holiday
- Pension contributions above national average
- Be part of a welcoming, knowledgeable engineering team with roaming senior support available.
Application will remain open until all 5 positions for these counties are filled.
If the role sounds of interest to you, please apply and supply a CV (including contact details) and we will get in touch with a response regarding your application.