Change are supporting our client to hire an experienced cost accountant to their team in Edinburgh. As their business experiences a period of Change, the client are looking to bring in a new member of the team to take a lead on the review of existing processes and enhance the teams interaction with the business. Having worked and created a best in class cost capture model and transitioning this to BAU, applicants will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Lead role in the establishment of a cost control framework, interacting with other areas of the business including; Business Partnering, Financial Control and Expense Processing teams
- Review existing controls and map out future state control and reporting requirements
- Collection of relevant financial data and facilitating discussion with key stakeholders to understand their 'wants and needs'
- Analysis and processing of relevant financial information
- Responsible for month end and quarter end reporting covering elements including; cost, payroll, compensation and other metrics
- Performing balance sheet reconciliations to ensure accuracy of data
- Other ad hoc project work
The successful applicant from this role will have gained experience in a month end delivery role covering the above but also taken a lead on the enhancement of controls and reporting around this. An appreciation of how this role interacts with a wider business in a global scale will also be key as well as the interpersonal skills to talk to stakeholders and challenge information as appropriate.
In return the role holder will get the chance to really shape and create this role and be a key link across departments in the business. Further development in the role exists as well as joining a leading financial services client that is experiencing an exciting period of change.
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 DOE plus benefits package