We are recruiting Datacentre Engineers for a growth client in Berkshire, we need junior to mid-level and mid-level to Senior / Team Lead
The Company is a fast-growing IT infrastructure provider, specialising in creating partnerships with clients and providing lasting value. We deliver industry leading support because we always find the right solution, to every challenge, not just the minimum. Our goal is to always find the best way forward and so provide awesome support and services to our clients, striving for excellence in everything we do.
With our continuing growth an exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic engineer to join our team. This will be an individual who is excited by the datacentre industry and working with the physical aspects of computing technology, network infrastructure and DC operations.
We're looking for team members who have the enthusiasm to deliver the highest quality. We rely on our colleagues to support each other, so work ethic, punctuality and astute attention to detail are key.
The datacentre team operate around normal working hours for the Reading site, although visits to other datacentres can mean slightly earlier start/finish. Due to the nature of the work, this is an entirely on-site role.
• Enthusiasm and pragmatic, problem-solving attitude
• Attention to detail, with high quality, consistent output when following processes
• Good communication skills, both written and in person, applied to clients and colleagues at all levels
• Experience in providing support for IT systems / hardware
• Experience in deploying network infrastructure, preferably fibre and copper
• Experience of some or all of the following;
o Linux (Redhat derivative/Ubuntu)
o Windows Server
o Switch configuration
o SM / OM fibre
o Cat 5/6 copper
• Good knowledge of TCP/IP networking
• The ability to install and decommission a range of hardware
• Maintaining and updating accurate documentation of systems and processes
Mayflower is acting as an Employment Agency in relationship to this vacancy.