- Are you an expert user-centred Service design professional with experience leading the design of multiple end-to-end-services?
- Are you an advocate, ambassador and role model for Service Design, and the power of tech to transform public services?
- Do you want to be lead and shape brilliant community of Service Design professionals, as the UK's largest government department take on a digital transformation of enormous scale and complexity?
- Do you have the confidence to challenge and influence a network of design colleagues and other experts? And the pragmatism to change your mind and your view?
YES? Then click APPLY NOW. We'd love to hear from you! DWP. Digital with Purpose.
- Do you want to work as part of a brilliant Product Design leadership team, building a digital design process that cuts across common components, digital design patterns and non-digital channels?
We are looking for a Head of our Service Design
to lead DWP Digital's vibrant and growing community of Service Design practitioners. We are transforming the way DWP design and deliver services to meet the evolving needs of society and our workforce of 86,000 and our 22 million users.PLEASE NOTE - if you specialise solely in the design of IT Systems, you may find it difficult to demonstrate all the essential skills described.
You are a Service Design leader and you know how to get the best out of your people and how to build a high-functioning community and culture.
You know when to give your team the space to express themselves, and when to praise and reward them. You understand how to build an environment where people feel safe to challenge and know their voice will be heard.
You'll lead by example, maintaining an understanding of economic, social, political, environmental and technological developments to ensure activity is relevant.
You use your expert view to plan against strategic priorities, to communicating effectively with, and influence, senior leaders and stakeholders to influence future strategies.
You'll represent Service Design in DWP and beyond. You'll need to adopt a government wide perspective to make sure our activity is aligned. You'll bring together views, perspectives and diverse needs of stakeholders to gain a broader understanding of the issues surrounding policies and activities.What skills and experience do you need to demonstrate?
- An expert in Service Design, you are capable of leading in your field, applying strategic thinking in how to provide the best service for the end user
- Consideration of political strategy and implications of any analyses and insights
- Experienced in using a variety of methods of prototyping
- Sharing best practice and coaching others
- Looking at strategic service design end to end
- Creation and validation of dynamic prototypes
- A visible and recognised digital leader capable of giving significant advice and guidance to others
- You've taken the lead in setting design priorities across a number of departmental work areas
- Proven track record of working from a digital perspective, including iterating service design for complex situations and difficult or technical problems and processes
Details. Wages. Perks.
- Experience of engaging multidisciplinary teams with a user-centred design process and of explaining design decisions in a way that other people understand
You'll join our team at our digital hub in Newcastle:Due to the COVID pandemic most colleagues are temporarily working from home, when they return to working from the office there will be an expectation the successful candidate will need to travel between the Digital Hubs where Delivery teams are based:
We're the UK's biggest government department with over 85,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £72,933p.a.
, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, and a generous leave package.
We have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring & accreditation
- Shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award
- Career progression opportunities and lots more