The Fragrance Shop, the UK's leading Independent retailer is now recruiting for a Senior Management Accountant
to join the Finance team located at our Head Office in Trafford Park, Manchester.
The focus of this role is to manage all reporting, forecasting, processes and timetables for the group, delivering quality, insightful analysis and commentary. In addition, you will help shape fundamental changes to critical financial business systems and processes within the organisation.
The ability to question and challenge will be key in driving systemic change and helping to deliver the transformational roadmap whilst overseeing the day to day financial process. Interested in the opportunity of joining a fast paced, challenging, yet rewarding company where no two days are the same? If so, read on...Person specification:
With this role being a senior position with our Finance team, we will only be proceeding forward with candidates who match our essential requirements stated below:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a minimum of five years post qualification experience
- Experience of working within a Retail/Wholesale or FMCG related business
- Practical and proven experience of systems, innovation and process change
- Demonstrable track record in financial planning and analysis
- Excellent project management skills and experience
- Strong commercial acumen
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Proactive and resilient self-starter, a team player, passionate and motivated with the ability to inspire others around them
What you can expect:
- The management of project implementation with minimal disruption and risk
- Produce full sets of quarterly reforecasts and annual budgets
- Effectively forward forecast the business cashflow
- Accountability for the management accounts reporting team
- Provide variance analysis against budget and reforecasts
- Ensure consistent and efficient monthly financial review process
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting tools and automated process
- Able to effectively manage the life cycle of a project from end to end (scope, design, testing, implementation and review)
- Work across the business to map and document current finance processes and evaluate their effectiveness, being able to identify opportunities and risk
- Deliver new processes that are fit for the future business model
- Source solutions, define and present effective business cases
Working at the UK's largest independent Fragrance retailer you will get to work for a company who prides itself on outstanding customer service and delivering fragrance and beauty products in a manner which best meets our customer needs.
You can expect to join a team who work hard to achieve results and are focused to ensure a great customer experience. We offer very competitive salaries, along with flexible working options, early finishes on Fridays and duvet days. In addition, we further offer generous staff discount and an employee assistance programme.