Under Two's Room Manager - YorkSalary - up to £19,980
Our client is a non-profit registered charity who aims to provide quality childcare for families in York and they are run by a committee of voluntary Trustees.
They have three nursery settings in York offering childcare for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years.
Their out of school offering provides a management service to several clubs across the city providing breakfast, after school and holiday clubs for children aged 2 years - 12 years.
They currently are recruiting for a Full Time (37.5 hours p/week) Room Manager
to join their team on a permanent basis. Staff have recently completed training on the Froebel philosophy so they are seeking to recruit a practitioner who can promote the development of Froebelian practice.
The successful candidate must be able to work flexible shift patterns enabling the nursery to offer care from 7.30am to 6pm.Responsibilities
- To be fully committed to providing a stimulating, safe and caring Nursery environment which enables each child to reach their full potential.
- To be responsible for ensuring planning and delivery of a broad range of learning experiences for babies and toddlers to ensure that they make good progress within the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and ensure standards outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage are met.
- To be responsible for supporting staff working in the Under Two's room in expanding their knowledge in how to deliver effective and innovative learning opportunities for babies and toddlers.
- To act as a Key Person for a group of children. This role includes regular completion of children's progress records (including use of Tapestry software where appropriate).
- To be responsible for a team of Early Years Practitioners and to be proactive in team building, staff motivation and developing the staff to their maximum potential.
- To be a positive role model to the team
- To provide a fully inclusive environment for children, staff and parents.
- To ensure compliance of Health, Safety and Welfare standards within the Nursery.
- To ensure adequate provision is delivered in all areas, such as catering, cleaning and general maintenance.
- To liaise with the Nursery Manager to ensure maximum occupancy levels.
- To analyse tracking ensuring that each child is fully equipped to move to the next stage of their care and education and reflect on changes / adaptations which may be required as a consequence. To reflect on actions needed to raise children's attainments in areas where they fall below expected levels.
- We are looking for a committed, self-motivated, enthusiastic person who enjoys providing high quality childcare to children, with proven successful experience of working with babies and toddlers
- A flexible and adaptable person is required who can demonstrate the ability to work using their own initiative and who is able to co-ordinate the smooth running of the Nursery and lead the team at times when the Nursery manager is not present.
- Must be able to share knowledge and learning with others in order to lead development.
- Full and relevant Level 3 Qualification in Early Years essential; recognised Early Years Teaching a qualification / EYITT Professional Status preferable / an advantage
- Knowledge of Froebelian philosophy and practice is preferable.
- GCSE Grade C equivalents (or a higher grade) in Maths and English is essential.
- Must have experience of looking after children under the age of 2 years.
- The starting salary will be £18,895.50 for someone with a Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (EYE) or equivalent qualification or
- £19,987.50 if the person holds a recognised Early Years Teacher qualification.
Post-holders will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check (formerly CRB) and employment will be subject to receipt of two satisfactory references.