We are currently looking for a PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR
to join our small but friendly payroll team in Uckfield, East Sussex.
This is a full time position and we are looking for someone with current payroll experience who is confident in managing a diverse client portfolio (consisting of weekly, fortnightly and monthly payrolls) and dealing with all client queries in relation to the same.Core Responsibilities
Skills & Experience Essential
- Liaising with clients and entering payroll data from start to finish accurately
- Reconciling payroll to client data, getting client approval as appropriate and issuing payroll reports & payslips
- Preparing payroll journals
- Reconciling weekly and monthly PAYE figures
- Preparing BACS files
- Administering Pension Auto-enrolment including making appropriate declarations to the Pensions Regulator
- Producing and distributing pension scheme returns, including notification of changes in members' status and uploading to pension provider
- Dealing effectively with queries from clients and HMRC
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Thorough knowledge of payroll related legislation such as PAYE, National Insurance, family leave & pay etc.
- Ability to manually calculate payroll results and explain calculations/breakdown to clients
- Good understanding of pension schemes and rules
- Evidence of being a proactive, hands-on team player who is confident in working to changing priorities in a busy department
- A natural organiser with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Flexibility (busy periods will require working longer hours to meet deadlines)
- MS office (intermediate Excel)
- Working knowledge of computerised payroll software
- CIPP qualified or working towards qualification
This is a highly deadline-based role so, at times, flexibility on hours in peak times will be required. If you are interested and think you would be the perfect fit, please send us your CV and a covering letter.