Health & Safety Officer
£32,361 to £38,436 (depending on knowledge, skills and experience)
36.25 hours per week
Altrincham - with the flexibility to work across all campuses
Trafford College Group through its innovative approach to learning and exceptional engagement with business prepares learners for success in work and life.
We are looking for an experienced Health and Safety Officer to help us achieve our vision of unlocking potential and fostering success. If you share our passion for innovation and success, there has never been a better time to work for Trafford College Group!
This is a key role within the organisation covering all the campuses within the Group. The successful candidate will work in this standalone role taking responsibility for all health and safety matters across the Group.
In this role you will successfully promote a culture of safety awareness across the Group and plan and implement appropriate actions to ensure that there is a complete and accurate central record of risk assessments in place. In addition you will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that our response to Covid-19 is delivered effectively
- Ensuring policies and procedures are up to date
- Investigation, analysis and reporting is carried out for all accidents and incidents
- Responsible for delivering or organising training in relation to H&S induction training for all staff, first aid training and fire marshal training
- Environmental standards accreditation
- Staff health and safety matters including DSE
In order to be successful in this role you must have:-
- A Diploma in Safety Management (NEBOSH or equivalent)
- Experience of working in Health and Safety management within a complex environment with a varied risk profile
- A strong background in developing and delivering Health & Safety training, inspection and auditing, accident investigation and undertaking Fire Risk Assessments
- Up to date knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- Ability to communicate succinctly and act decisively in highly demanding situations.
- A working knowledge of ISO 14001 & ISO 45001
- Be a qualified first aider
A job description and person specification is available on our website.Trafford College Group - New Group - New Opportunities - A Great Place to Work.
This position is open to direct applicants only.
To apply for this position please visit our website to complete an application form:
https://trafford.ac.uk/about/job-opportunities/current-vacanciesClosing date for receipt of applications: 31 January 2021
The Trafford College Group promotes, celebrates and values diversity and is committed to promoting equality for all. As part of our commitment to being a Disability Confident Employer, all disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job, as set out in the job description and person specification, will be guaranteed an interview.
The Trafford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment at the Trafford College Group is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check via the Disclosure and Barring Service and any post in regulated activity will also be subject to an additional barred list check.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive we are unfortunately not able to respond to each applicant. If you have not been called for interview within 3 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.